What do I do with my old pump oil?

I have a few gallons if used vacuum pump oil. Is there a way to filter it and reuse it? Hate spending money on something I might be able to make/fix/filter myself…

its water thats the problem. put it in a trash bag not in your drains.

Lol! I don’t plan on dumping it down the drain. There’s recyclers that will take it for free. I was just wondering if there was a way to clean it at home myself and reuse it.

1 Like

NO most uses of a vac pump say one time use/ I overuse mine and ive tried what youre thinking of boiling the water out but if you serch youll find gallons of vac oil for cheap.

Lame… ok. Thanks for the response!

someone will say im wrong but it makes no sense to not just buy it for 25 a gallon.

1 Like
1 Like

We recently had a conversation about how it might make good SPD practice but… No. Basically no. Some companies will do it with more expensive oils like Fomblin 25/6 ( $300+/kg) but not your regular old vacuum oil

I’m kinda on this, “Do everything myself” kick. If the world ends I want to be able to still make dabs. And vacuum oil is something I cannot recycle! Lol.

1 Like

Use it to polish and buff your stainless steel

1 Like

If the world ends you’re gonna be running that pump oil with the same ferver as a crack head crashing for their next fix

Maybe just smoke the flower at that point :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I live.
I die.
I live again.

3 Likes

Cat litter is your friend for dry oil disposal of all types.

6 Likes

some pump oil is basically mineral oil. use it for a terpene massage oil.

1 Like

My favorite movies bro. “I live i die i live again!”

2 Likes

you need an aspirator and a river if you lose power due to the world ending.

Boat docks take the oil for free to recycle.

1 Like

I wish mine did. They don’t do shit for free in any marina in south Florida. They will tell u to take that shit away from our pristine waters. Then call the police on u. :joy::rofl::joy:

on another note… most auto stores like advance auto, napa, and stores like that will dispose you oil for free. Most mechanics shops will do it for a $1 or 2.

4 Likes

I wonder if a fuel oil furnace would run on used pump oil? A large portion of the east coast uses fuel oil/diesel for heat.

1 Like

I would think most good pump oil would be too stable to burn well. They’re designed to run at quite high temperatures but I guess mixed in with regular fuel oil it might work

2 Likes