What are the most overgown genetics of 2022 to 2023

Gush mints by far but for good reason
Governmint Oasis finishes good sungrown too

Crostata crushes on appeal even sungrown

5 Likes

Where does one get it tested

1 Like

OG Kush and Gelato are in everything. I feel like they are responsible for a certain % of overall munchies.

I swear some of these strains are sponsored by fast food and soda companies.

*Please don’t take this seriously, it’s a joke theory

1 Like

Jager, Blue Dream, any Ice Cream Cake, Runtz, or Gelato crosses are most overdone in OR. I’d love to see more true sativas being grown but most rec growers don’t want to wait the extra weeks for a sativa to finish. I truly miss the old Headband/Haze head high!
Edited to add: Dosi crosses are everywhere too.

4 Likes

Zkittles, All the cake strains and all the pie strains.

2 Likes

Just like how Mc.Donalds grows potatoes high in nicotine to get people more addicted.

1 Like

Tumi genomics

3 Likes

8 Likes

Yep east coast has all those too.

Looks like Vertical Integration= over produced and mass bred strains

I miss white widow, blueberry cough, mowie wowie, California kush - from California, California orange kush - from California, strawberry cough, super silver haze, super skunk #3, headband og.

I miss hazes, kushes and coughs. Oh yeah white rhino and og lemon haze and bubblegum haze and rainbow kush #2

2 Likes

2008 - 2010 Strains should make a comeback but bred better.

edit: tropicana strains are heavily bred and they’re all ASS!!! it’s like
windows 11 being dog shit.

2 Likes

I like how the trop profiles taste in a joint. Oreoz on the other hand, I can’t stand.

The effects though aren’t worth the money

For flavor that was gross and fubar it had to have been Jimmy Pop. It tasted like overly cooked popcorn. Like actual food. It was disgusting though.

The only strain of weed that I can say I hate down to its core was Marion Berry Kush. That made me angry.

Like for some reason smoking that cannabis, made me feel angry.

The best tasting strain I ever tasted was Bubblegum Haze. Bubblegum Haze shatter would blow my mind.

Oh my fuck Bubblegum Haze crossed with Cap Junky would be incredible

1 Like

people spray old weed with vape flavoring/botanical terps

If anyone is looking for old school genetics this guy has a good looking list and at least one recommendation.

2 Likes

I too despise Oreoz and yet it’s fucking everywhere here in WA. That and Ice Cream Cake. Insane bag appeal, but disappointing nose and high pretty much every time.

2 Likes

WA probably has the best haze offerings of any rec market I’ve seen. Most big brands have at least one or two different cuts. If you’re ever out here I can provide some good recommendations.

In defense of overgrown genetics, when in the hands of an individual who is breeding and selecting over generations, a strain can be quite different from what is on dispensary shelves. I had Ice Cream Cake from a grower in Michigan who had bred it to do well outdoors. It looked like nothing special at all, because he didnt care about bag appeal. I thought it would be junk until I smoked some. The overly grown strains are overly commercialized, which kills quality.

2 Likes

But I also agree that it is 100% how it’s grown, dried, cured and stored.

Like the re-branded Cap Junky that Strane is selling as Alien Mints is fucking incredible. I bet if Sira Naturals grew it through it would be shit.

Side note: I think there’s a lurker on here for the people who work for Strane or the dispensary I usually get Alien Mints from because I could’ve sworn the description for the Alien Mints was way less descriptive and has changed to provide info about the lineage and how it was originally called Cap Junky after I asked about where can I get seeds.

Ice Cream Cake had seed releases, so there are lots of cuts of it running around out there. There are a few with tags I’m aware of like the phinest cut, boones farm cut and probably plenty more. I’ve never gotten up with an ICC cut because it seems a little played out.

@GroovyOctopusLabs do you want the Cap Junky cut? I dropped it because it’s a little bit finicky and slower in veg but I have access to it if you really want it. If you treat her right in early flower, she crushes. I found the flavor a little bland myself but most people who tried it were only focused on the potency and frost levels. My picture doesn’t do the frost justice but here you go

6 Likes