What are some must-have items and equipment for setting up a candy making kitchen?

I’m in the process of setting up a kitchen to make around 100,000 gummies a month.

What are some must have and nice to have items I should be sourcing?

Do I need a refractometer? What are the best pots for making bigger batches? Are hinged pots an option?

Also been eyeing that Breville Control Freak machine but not sure the $2K is worth it.

Thanks!!!

1 Like

Refrigerator for full size sheet pans.
Bakers racks for sheet pans
Sheet pans
Lots of molds
Wooks
Stove
Big double boilers

There’s your basics

17 Likes

100,000 per month is definitely wook work. Me and my wook could get 100k done in 3.5 days if we had that many molds.

8 Likes

Damn how??! How can you make so many per day??!

3 Likes

This type of refrigerator is designed to hold about 72 full size sheet pans.

2 Likes

Sucsess with edibles = ungodly quantities

And really this is a catagory of product where the riches really are in the niches

1 Like

How about everyone take a food handling safety course!

100x better than any piece of equipment.

15 Likes

Accurate therm. Spatulas.

We refer to them as million dollar spatulas cuz that’s how much they save you over their lifespan, getting all the drops.

3 Likes

Yes and NO. It all depends where you are at in the manufacturing, distribution and retail chain. And apparently where your market is located.

1 Like

Use a nice induction burner and pot. Try to find one with full temp control. It’s more precise and will lead to much less burning.

1 Like

I’ll have legit gummy bear molds in less than 2 weeks. 300 cavities per mold. No minimums, and no I won’t be charging 180$ a mold :innocent:

2 Likes

What kind of shapes/sizes?

Same as the competitors. We sent them to China and reversed engineered them :innocent:

We have 500 gummy bear molds in stock.

4 Likes

Bears aren’t allowed in Michigan, but let me know what else you get in

what are you looking for specifically?

1 Like

Hexagon, octagon, etc. Good mouth feel. 4-5ml per piece
Edit: but I really kind of like my tractors.

7 Likes

Man that’s great. That’s an incredibly smart/easy idea you have there.

1 Like

We could mass produce the tractors but our supplier is 300 mold MOQ. We could sit on a few molds but not sure how many others would want this.

@mgucci I’d like one of those molds