Water washes for D8

Hi guys- I’ve read the posts about water washes to correct PH (ending up around 7.5), and my vac levels are .04 mmhg, stirring at the highest rate to keep the bar in orbit, using a BR 9200. I’ve DM’d some folks, and haven’t got any responses. Temp swings, swaps, etc are my enemies I know. but if it’s still coming out pink or red, is it in the washing still? Furthermore, I have not attempted to wash and redistill- has anyone done that and seen improvement? Any help is appreciated, thanks! DM me for more details about the method if that helps. Also, this is with isolate as starting material, have not had this issue with distillate, it might come out gold, but not red. Seems like D8 is forky and red is the trash can.

What method are you using For the d8 @nostrum?

I DM’d you

1 Like

1 Like

This was with distillate and using potassium carbonate for washes

1 Like

The pink color comes from the tosic mutating your DNA and causing you to see with all the colors of the rainbow

10 Likes

It gets lighter but always oxidizing as soon a I break vac

So D8 is definitely psychoactive is what you’re sayin

5 Likes

You havnt bioassayed?

I’m kidding lol was riffing with @Rowan

2 Likes

My nervous early cuts fuck shit up too- one must persevere

1 Like

Have you tried to do the same things, but in the darkness ? I mean protecting the reaction vessel from UVs.

1 Like

Hire a consultant

1 Like

What you’re seeing is quinoid formation. There’s info about this posted by photon noir in one of the isomerizations threads.

2 Likes

Duuuuuuuuuude that makes total sense- had the insulation jacket on the flask the first 2 times

1 Like

I followed his washes exactly

1 Like

I’m not that far off, but whats your fee

Dm me. Depends where you are at. Are you trying to water wash in the BR?

Yes. I have also made some observations, on the one you can produce from cbd at room temp. I’m not sure if there is only one, or several of them here.

Quinoid formation implies that your CBD isolate oxidized partially before the reaction. There’s no way to wash that out now.