Water soluble byproducts

Is there any research into byproducts made during different methods of nano encapsulation using different emulsifiers.
Water soluble products seem to consistently give me a headache and almost seem to come with a hangover and talking with others it seems like a recurring issue, especially at higher dosages.
Anyone have any other information or experience?

2 Likes

I don’t know of any research into this topic. To my knowledge sonication can introduce heavy metals from the probe (Ti), I wouldn’t think byproducts would be formed as part of sonication outside of reaction conditions.

I wonder, have tried different emulsifiers and are seeing consistent effects (headache and so on)?

1 Like

ideally there is no chemical reactions happening when mixing a water soluble formulation. Like @2handles mentions you have the potential for heavy metal leaching out from the sonication element, everything else depends on what you add in order to make the formulation.

2 Likes

Nanoemulsion is just gross…

We have developed a tech that works for cbd/d9/d8… etc.

Not a nano-emulsion. It is water clear, tasteless, scentless, and as soluble as possible.

Its pretty cool stuff. All ingredients as Generally Regardes as Safe (except the cannabinoids).

3 Likes

You mean water dispersible?

You can call it that, since water soluble cannabinoids don’t exist.

I stay away from the term water soluble, it is misleading.

See the video.

9 Likes

Even with THC it doesn’t taste bitter as hell?

3 Likes

So you are saying there are not any nanoemulsified cannabinoids in that liquid?

Could be a few things that you’re feeling. If nano-emulsions are being cleaned up properly, there should be no titanium in them.

How do you handle edibles? If you get headaches with them that may be the case. There also could be some ingredients that disagree with your digestive system (not uncommon). Don’t forget that nano-emulsions improve your uptake of cannabinoids by 2-5x (depending on formulation), increasing your effective dose.

Edit: I get hangovers from edibles as well, I can’t think for the whole next day.

1 Like

Pretty good looking…whatever you’d call that. I’m going to ask something you likely won’t answer. What’s the ingredients list? And follow up, how much do I have to buy for you to tell me?

I’m gonna take a stab at it and say beta cyclodextrin that was lightly sonicated, or something to that effect.

If so, bravo, that’s a finicky system, but while its GRAS, it may not be good grade (basically a term that means no government body has said it’s not fit for consumption). See my question above.

Regardless of all of that, please don’t spam this thread with your product.

2 Likes

Correct, only product we have come across that do that.

Taste was easy for us, it is the clarity in water.

We are working on 50mg clear in 500ml of water currently.

2 Likes

Correct. It is a biotech that has been repurposed for cannabinoids.

2 Likes

If I gave even a single fuck about the beverage market I would be all over this.

Well done.

6 Likes

Agreed, TBH we haven’t spent a lot of time on it because the beverage industry is still in its infancy. Partially because the FDA, and the partially because nano emulsion once again is shit.

4 Likes

Wait, 50mg/500mL? So 100 ug/mL? That’s a really low oil loading so no wonder it’s water clear.

Did you mean 50g/500mL?

Also, Im curious why you don’t like nano-emulsions? Is it a taste thing?

1 Like

50mg of active CBD. No one can do that.

No one can even do 10mg of active, we are at 20mg currently. (20% is active so multiply by 5). We are also trying to get our active CBD on up on a percentage basis with the rest of our ingredients.

Nano usually** uses nasty ingredients, and yes you can’t put it in water clear, tasteless, scentless, and have it not drop down to the bottom after 3-6 months. I have yet to come across a nano product that isn’t digusting hence why the beverage industry stays in its infancy on the thc side and on the hemp side.

That’ll change in the next year though :slight_smile:

Most nano-emulsions are between 10-50mg/ml (1-5% bio active loading), about an order of magnitude higher, unless we are miscommunicating. Do you mean 100mg/mL bioactive loading (10%)? I’m having a hard time interpreting what your dosage is.

Nano-emulsions do not have necessarily nasty ingredients. I made a USDA organic formulation using deoiled sunflower lecithin (non allergenic), that are also kinetically stable. It wasn’t translucent as a bulk solution but it depends on what your market wants. Once dosed, it was mostly translucent and had a nice blue glow effect. Also, once dosed into even water, the bitterness goes away because it’s so dilute. I agree there are some gross nano ingredients, but saying something like that is just a thinly veiled marketing statement, so I get it.

Is your product on the market yet, if so, and you haven’t disclosed your ingredients yet, then I wouldn’t consider yours safe either because mystery goo isn’t safe!

Also, if you are using cyclodextrins (I bet you are :upside_down_face:), those are actually not allowable in food products, and are barely allowed in pharmaceuticals.

4 Likes

Asking a chemical engineer on the math side to make sure i don’t fuck up…

I agree not all nano emulsion are disgusting I put a asterisk by my statement for a reason. I can never speak in absolutes because well I don’t know everything.

What we are working on is something that can go into water and be affective for cbd, on d9 thc side we have already accomplished that because 10mg is already easy for us. Also d9 thc is easier than CBD using this tech.

On the delta 8 side we just fulfilled an extremely large order that will go into 3-5k brick and mortars.

On the CBD side we have been supplying a company that supplies many large grocery chains.

It is not cyclodextrins and all of our clients know our ingredients.

Edits: for hella typos…

1 Like

Pardon my ignorance, what does this gain you over regular sunflower lecithin?

2 Likes

@chempistry has a pretty good one.

I think nano has plenty of promise and utility as a product-type in cannabis. We make 50mg 2oz shooters that are delicious.

Bulk usually comes in 20 or 50mg/mL

1 Like