Water soluble byproducts

Just being clear.

Interesting that it’s more effect for THC. Is it THC phosphate? Lol jk, I will never stop guessing! Can it be dried to a powder? Also can I buy a sample I’d love to test your claims!

Good, I’m glad you disclose ingredients. There’s plenty of threads on this forum of people not disclosing their ingredients to upcharge people on cheap ingredients.

I also get frustrated when people try to insert themselves and promote their product in non-sales threads.

1 Like

Regular lecithin has about 30-35% triglyceride content (oil) which is dead weight. Deoiling lecithin removes the triglyceride leaving more phospholipid content, which is the actual emulsifier.

1 Like

Tbh I am really not trying to promote my product, I seriously doubt anyone is interested in this on here.

This is a better product for Coke, Pepsi, Coors, etc…

But anyway, I’ll send a sample out. DM your information.

Thank you. That brings up a thought, Would you then want to weigh your emulsifier based on the actual emulsifier content respective to the oil?

For example on 1g oil and 50% emulsifier content by weight, would you use 1g emulsifier or 2g? Logically It would seem you’d want to match the active component for loading but it’s only a guess.

If you were then to run the emulsion through a spray dryer are the cannabinoids effectively locked in the lecithin?

1 Like

drinks are tough. margins are already slim and the cost of shipping is higher than any other product in the space

Agreed, another good reason it has been slow. But big business already has that figured out (just a waiting game).

I would say just don’t use regular lecithin, but if you have to, omit your carrier oil, just mix with the lecithin.

You should have another hydrophilic emulsifier in addition to your lecithin, since you want a oil in water emulsion, not the other way around.

1 Like

Vitamin E Tocopheryl propylethylene glycol succinate

Take Boxed Wine’s approach with the shipping logistics/cost :joy:

That’s a good one, I find the PEG based emulsifiers are prone to oxidation/peroxidation, (at least I think). Though I’ve never seen peg with tocopherol, which may sequester some oxidation.

1 Like

A cannabinoid in an emulsified or emulsifiable form, would effectively have a higher bioavailability (irrespective of what surfactant/emulsifier/technique is used) than the same dose in a hydrophobic base, viz. MCT, vegetable oils. May just be that you’re taking effectively a higher dose than you expected to take otherwise, by taking in the water-soluble form? I’ve had people mention that gummies made with water-soluble cannabinoids (powders/liquids) made them uneasy. But these are usually low-tolerance users. So even though they were taking the same weights of the cannabinoids, they were possibly getting more in the bloodstream.