Washing Machine "Salad Spinner" tek

not yet.
probably won’t until the pneumatic controller gets in my way.
it seems to go plenty fast enough already.

if I have to bypass the current controller, I’ve got a VFD, and could conceivably overdrive it given that I’m not loading it heavily.

1 Like

Does yhe alcohol flood the washing machine? Or is it justbused to spinoff material for the last bit of solvent

just used as a spin dryer.
unless you buy one designed for the task.

eg ACE, CUP, HZB, possibly Pinnacle and Precision as well.
the BOCK/NSEP’s are spin dryers.

Tyvm. Yes were l9oking at delta, ace and hihzenbear. Just wished the prixe tags were not so high. We are also considerjng buying a xhinese fuge and modding it appropriately. Would you be willing to talk some design plans and mods in exchange for payment? I am NOT looking to manifacture these spinners, just need for oil ur labs.

As to customizing a filter / cloth bag, could reach out to Brew in a Bag as they make custom, reinforced grain bags for homebrewing beer and these may be usable biomass (Apologies for replying into an older thread.)

Exactly, form the title it seem me that it is the most important appliance in our home.

Are you getting two of these bags with 2lb of bio in each bag to fit in one panda?

Yes. With the lids of the panda removed, they fit in without issues.

I cut out the black ring so the whole basket inside isn’t blocked at all but still a tight fit. Is yours tight also? Do you flatten the bags any?

I flatten them prior to extraction so they are sort of flat already before entering the machine. I just put one in first and make sure it’s on one side, and then slide/push the other one in. It can take some force but they always fit.

1 Like

I’ve been fitting one at a time and I thinking about flattening them just great thank you

1 Like

How do you remove the black lid from the panda? I took out the screws but its still held in place do i just need to pull harder?

1 Like

There is a screw remove in the handle as well. Aside from that, I believe you just need to pull harder.

2 Likes

Just take a husky knife and cut out the black inside ring so the whole basket is exposed

2 Likes

I yanked really hard its off now :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m going to have to mod mine now. It’s been 3 uses and 8n tired of fighting those mesh bags and hope they dont rip.

1 Like

Its still pretty hard to get the bags out. What kind of bags are yall using?

Full mesh bubble bags from ebay

160iu inside a 73iu bag
Or equivalent size bags

1 Like

If you scroll up, you will find the bags that I use. Two of these bags fit perfectly into the panda with some force. Each bag can carry 2.0-2.5lb of material (depending on particle size).

Currently at 12lb/hr using 2 x 55-gallon drums, 12 of these bags, and 4 pandas.

5 Likes