Washing Machine "Salad Spinner" tek

If you have 2 operators, using the HDPE 55-gallon barrels from ULINE work great. 12lb/hr and not even at full speed.

1 Like

is the Ace30 right for you?

it might be. or it might be too big, or too small. I’ve had no problem getting 30lbs in it, and if you’ve got the rest of your gear dialled in, you can run it 3x per hr. I’ve not been able to push it hard in a production setting yet, so I don’t know how much I can shave off that 20min cycle time, but I do think it can be reduced.

I started with a machine about 1/2 the size, but 90% of the folks I talked to said it was too small. So i put the Ace15 on hold while I get the Ace30 to market.

@highestzen has a bigger machine (400lb/hr?!?), but it requires an overhead lift to get the bags in and out. I think there are better alternatives at that scale. I just haven’t gotten to them yet.

@DeutscheProcess has an even bigger one.

2 Likes

I am definitely looking for something on the smaller end to get started. My lab has been running 100grams in coconut oil at a time, and we want to switch to ethanol extraction. So we are looking for the most logical way to transition. I was planning on running 1-5lbs at a time. My company’s main focus is processing hemp products but we want to be vertical. 5lb will turn into 500 salves. I can imagine we would need to be making more oil than that at once currently. Though we do want a roadmap for scaling.

They don’t break when they get cold?

I believe HDPE is rated to -40C and that’s as cold I need my runs.

1-5lbs?

Yeah, you don’t need to be looking at fuges that will do 30-100lbs

Maybe check this thread?

Hint: the spinzall is not the solution

1 Like

The deep ali! Thank You so much.
I just contacted them, hopefully this will come in at the right price range!

1 Like

@ajonesy777: my guess is less than $5k

please update with a price in the spinzall thread so others in your situation may also benefit.

Edit: @blackie has done just that…THANKS!

those are NOT prices on the spinzall.

2 Likes

How do you make a drain on the barrels?

Whats your soak time ?
I run 2x100 gallons cryo soak 3 min each wash 60kg per hour
3 men on deck

5 Likes

I’m soaking around 30 minutes at -50 to -60 lately. I also do a second soak for 30 minutes at -40 to -50 on nicer material. Seems to still keep all of my product coming out gold.

4 Likes

No drain. Just a hose and a diaphragm pump.

2 Likes

Just ordered a panda. Wondering if people are rewiring their pandas to bypass the lid switch Or just plugging it into a timer/switch. Don’t wanna asplode

Once u get it, it will be simple. When u turn it on, hold It on the sides until it equals out, then wait for the beeps. Hold it and turn it off. I like running my stuff thru two cycles

5 Likes

my first thought is why no one put a power switch on it like 50 cents lol

1 Like

The Panda will beep? I don’t think I’ve ever run mine a full cycle if that’s the case. I just turn it off when it stops dripping.

2 Likes

Thanks y’all

Hey, what are the name of the bags you were using with the Panda? Looking into the same setup & trying to find the right bags to fit it

Was wondering what type of pump you used to move the crude oil

I keep destroying Pandas because I’m dumping my bags into it after a soak at -45C. Seems the plastic bits become brittle at those temps and leaks develop. Anyone find a way around this?