Washing isolate issues help!

Hey guy’s need some input and advice, i am currently processing cbd distillate (80-95%) into isolate. Using the glg /future tek.

Using 2:1 as well as 3:1 pentane to distillate melting on hotplate with temp probe and stir bar to both 32c fully dissolved as well as 37c fully dissolved.

After a few days I get heavy crystalization .

Here is the issue when i scrape the beaker side walls i have clean crystals I can wash chilled pentane about -20 freezer dosnt go that low and our other is -79c too cold . crush into a pure white powder (90-99%) through lab tests trying to hit a min of 95%

Nnow the bottom is always a giant chunk but rinsing the same way dose not come out as clean. So I have been crushing those chunks and attempting to wash in pentane to remove impurities and color.

Only issue with that is I end up loosing some isolate or the color just dose not want to wash away with out multiple washes .

I have considered recrystalizing but due to time space and loosing more cbd to mothers milk/liquor it seems to be a bit of a wastefull process

How would you do it ?!?! Thanks

Pour off your mother liquor, chase remaining shards out of container. Wash them with cold pentane. Then take it and crush it back up and deissolve and re crash. Your original crash wasn’t fully cleaned up prior - this is why some people wash the mix first to remove as much milk as possible in some cases. Anyways the point is. Recrash and each time your potency will climb. Then wash, crush and dry and boom.

1 Like

You won’t “loose more mother liquor” on a second crash, it should crash and push the crap into the pentane layer.

1 Like

Any idea on why my 1st crash isnt clean ? W:1 i can see it but 3:1 id think it was good enough with pure product

1st crash isnt clean because other things crash out also

Precipitation is a much better method than what you are currently utilizing in my opinion. I feel it makes a cleaner first pass.

1 Like

Got an sop ? Id live to try it , about to atart 2nd crystallizations

Pulled a recrystalization and within 30 minuts landed some clean product , headed to testing now

Get a filter reactor, it has a removable bottom plate that is design for crystallization.
They are UL listed to C1D2 standard and they have a condenser for your pentane vapor, so you can recycle most of your solvent as well.

and one more photo in action

3 Likes

Thats dope !

1 Like

Thanks! This instagram post was from one of my friend in CO. They are getting 2 more 20L filter reactor in house.
Let me know if you want one in hands.

Interested in learning more about that reactor for isolate

Check out my new post and SOP for this isolate reactor:

2 Likes