Washing dirty diamonds

Man I want to try it Ambition vs to do lists lol. It’s also on my to do list just been busy

2 Likes

Completely. I’ll get around to it…sooner or later.

Just a thought on the smell: micronized sulphur contaminate?

3 Likes

I also have quite a few liters of sauce with millions of tiny diamonds, was wanting to wash them in pentane. Would they rhem grow into larger diamonds in room yemp pentane and would it also be possible to get the terps back out of the pentane i use to wash or should i just recover my pentane and add the leftovers into a distilate run?

redissolve with warm pentane. let cool for crystals.
terps can be harvested from the liquid fraction.

4 Likes

Is it that easy? I have pentane lying around actually?

I’ve always heard it’s super hard to purge and the crystals will trap it in bad bc so big

How are reclaiming the terps? Sorry for all the questions, ive never done ive been doing distilate for the last 6yrs. Back then when shit sugared up no one wanted thats how i learned to make crumble. Thanks for the tips. Love you ig by the way

Its not that pentane is hard to purge, it just have vwry low odor threshold levels. To effectively remove that pentane smell add alcohol once youve reached the purity you want. Methanol or ethanol are a good choice because you cant smell them in the quad digit ppm range but pentane and hexanes can be smelled in the single digit ppm range. Alcohols also boil much higher than pentane.

I think its hard to totally remove the smell of pentane, hexane, or heptane without doing a final recrystallization step with a more odorless solvent.

12 Likes

And that, is Michael Phelps shit.
#buythismandrinks

3 Likes

Any terps present in your extract are sacrificed once you add pentane. They will be in the mother liquor and as far as I know separating terps from pentane isn’t practical

W lower boiling point that’s hard to believe. But Idk for sure

1 Like

You can forsure purge pentane from the mother liquor but you will lose a descent bit of terps to the cold trap as well as pentane being also caught with those terps. Purging pentane from your extract will require higher temps than butane so you lose more terps to the cold trap than normal

1 Like

Understood. But all terps won’t be lost.

1 Like

With a very slight vaccum and little to no heat, pentane should easily be removed from a terpene rich solution. Pentane will evap at an extremely low temp, and condense with very little effort. The vast majority of the pentane will be removed before you would even start to evap any terpenes, especially under a smaller amount of vacuum. It’s flash point is somewhere around 57° f. I should be able to remove it with not much effort.

@StoneD hardly any if done properly. If are cold trapping terps, the pentane will be removed first before pulling deep vac and getting the terpenes out.

3 Likes

Agreed

2 Likes

Yeah I’d assume it would be easy to remove. Especially if you had a stir bar on it or something. Throw a bit of heat on it.

1 Like

You could probably get away with hardly any heat, too. 75-80f would be more than sufficient, I would think

1 Like

32 c is a good number. Don’t go deeper than -15 hg

8 Likes

I was thinking something similar. Definitely don’t want to go full vac unless you are wanting to clarify terpenes.

1 Like

Think a happy medium could be achieved by using full vac and cold temps?