Washing dirty diamonds

Man I want to try it Ambition vs to do lists lol. It’s also on my to do list just been busy

2 Likes

Completely. I’ll get around to it…sooner or later.

0 Likes

Just a thought on the smell: micronized sulphur contaminate?

0 Likes

I also have quite a few liters of sauce with millions of tiny diamonds, was wanting to wash them in pentane. Would they rhem grow into larger diamonds in room yemp pentane and would it also be possible to get the terps back out of the pentane i use to wash or should i just recover my pentane and add the leftovers into a distilate run?

0 Likes

redissolve with warm pentane. let cool for crystals.
terps can be harvested from the liquid fraction.

2 Likes

Is it that easy? I have pentane lying around actually?

I’ve always heard it’s super hard to purge and the crystals will trap it in bad bc so big

0 Likes

How are reclaiming the terps? Sorry for all the questions, ive never done ive been doing distilate for the last 6yrs. Back then when shit sugared up no one wanted thats how i learned to make crumble. Thanks for the tips. Love you ig by the way

0 Likes

Its not that pentane is hard to purge, it just have vwry low odor threshold levels. To effectively remove that pentane smell add alcohol once youve reached the purity you want. Methanol or ethanol are a good choice because you cant smell them in the quad digit ppm range but pentane and hexanes can be smelled in the single digit ppm range. Alcohols also boil much higher than pentane.

I think its hard to totally remove the smell of pentane, hexane, or heptane without doing a final recrystallization step with a more odorless solvent.

2 Likes

And that, is Michael Phelps shit.
#buythismandrinks

2 Likes