Warm Ethanol Extraction Time

Search up bucket tek it was posted by future

Yeah I’ve found the bucket Tec thanks , was looking for @demontrichs version , only thing is etoh is hard to get in the UK , been searching all afternoon and it’s extremely expensive too .
Will have to stick with the IPA wash and winterize or try the IPA with dry ice , see what happens .
Thanks team x

To help with the filtration process, use a roto to do a ‘reduction’… something closer to 3:1 ETOH:Crude… THEN filter… save yourself the headache of trying to filter the larger volume…

I filtered 35 gallons etoh in under 4 hrs.

3l buchner
5l flask

1 Like

Down to what Micron, Demontrich?

25iu bag
Celite 545 in the buchner

3 Likes

Warm wash I do 10-20 minutes depending on how much your soaking. You should test a couple different post extracted samples make sure your under 2% remaining cbd. Agitation speeds up your soak time but I’d rather soak longer have sub 1% and rly dark shit that I clean up. Can help you get a filtering SOP with around an hour or 2 of my consulting time

3 Likes

Get methanol instead.

3 Likes

For sure. Doesn’t pull waxes as much warm. I do cryo etho first wash. Method dark black n nasty 2nd

Methanol pulls massive amounts of bullshit you then have to clean. To the point that some people have to do LLE on it for it to distill properly. Same with hexane and other more aggressive solvents.

I wanna try that hexane & methanol sop @Kingofthekush420 runs. All room temp I believe

1 Like

100%room temp. I found a place where I can get 540 dollar drums of heptane, hexane is going bye byeeeeee

7 Likes

Methanol doesnt pick up all that unwanted bullshit if you extract cold with it.

whats the point in using it vs ethanol then aside price? its not v scalable IMO

It takes less energy to vaporize methanol than it does to vaporize ethanol, which translates to better throughput in the rotovap.

A wider range of lipid compounds have a lesser degree of solubility at all temperatures in methanol versus propyl, isopropyl, or ethyl alcohol (190 or 200 proof).

One thing that does hurt my case is the fact that sugars are significantly more soluble in methanol than the other common alcohols. But the data I have on that doesnt measure carbohydrate solubility at temperatures below 40 F.

Price is another great selling point. But I’m curious as to why you think it doesnt have the same potential for scalability than ethanol?

1 Like

room temp heptane extraction filtered then room temp methanol winterize and water wash?

2 Likes

The toxicity of the stuff is a major safety issue especially on large scale.

1 Like

Yep, heptane is less toxic and evaporates slower when you’re doing your soaks. It roto vaps the same speed IMO and picks up a little less fat sand lipids and gives a better color.

5 Likes

Methanol isn’t much more toxic than ethanol via inhalation.

3 Likes

The sugars it picks up Arnt dealt with in normal filter methods. So it makes it a nightmare to distill. To date ethanol is still the winner hands down every time. Safest, picks up the easiest remediated volatiles, least toxic, only thing it has as a negative is the price point

3 Likes