Virginia pulling CBD products fr shelves

Virginia Department of AG sent out a letter yesterday stating “any” hemp derived products are not permissible for human consumption. The state’s fda is contacting store owners upon receiving complaints. If the stores continue to refuse they’ll likely contact local enforcement. It hasn’t happened yet but…

They requested I contact my local and state representatives. So I did and told them patent law should only apply to specific molecules and that we need safety guidelines fr the fda to proceed with full spectrum or other products.

I haven’t looked at the law but hopefully I’m right about that.

1 Like

Isolate makers need to lobby Congress like heck. Right now the FDA has no guidelines for legal CBD use. It’s the Wild West now with the states determining what CBD is allowed to be used in.

4 Likes

It’s disappointing. I wonder if they’re trying to scare people fr creating business at the moment and then the fda creates guidelines for consumables and things go on there way.

1 Like

Do you have a copy of the letter they sent?

I am curious if this is just food they are threatening to quarantine?

1 Like

I don’t. My processor license is still working it’s way through the system. They didn’t send it to registered growers just processors. I had a thorough conversation with Dept of AG and it’s just products for human consumption products. Pets meds are governed under something different so she wasn’t sure. All topicals, shampoos, creams are fine. The law was written as to any products derived fr hemp for human consumption are not permissible.

Lame :unamused:

Is there a way to edit a post without deleting and reposting?

Hey at least pets can still get their cbds

What about tinctures?

I have yet to see anything besides hearsay in these threads. Cosmetics would fall under FDA as well, no?

It seems like they are targeting storefronts and not extractors.

Your state has CBD processor licenses? Because every state ive been in has had no licenses set up.

We have a license for hemp growers, hemp processors and hemp dealers/jokers in the va.

Oh wow. Very progressive. Who manages the processing licenses ? tour department of AG?

Department of Ag

Here you go

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, can growers hold a processors license/vice versa?

1 Like

Yeah bud, that’s what I’m doing. Still waiting on approval for processing but not sure what to do now. Any suggestions? I can still start a business but the local market is messed up now

Fuck Virginia. These are the same dumb cocksuckers who have asked multiple times for the state of MN to return a confederate battle flag that was taken when VA lost the fucking battle. The rest of the US would be better off if VA fell in the ocean.

2 Likes

Come on now. We’re not bad. I don’t think it’s the state anyway. It’s fda policy they’re following. Our department of Ag wants this for all the old school tobacco farmers but it’s out of there control. We’re still growing but I don’t know. Y’all have been free for awhile now, is this just whatever? Keep on with your business plans or no?

1 Like

Come on now. We’re not bad. I don’t think it’s the state anyway. It’s fda policy they’re following. Our department of Ag wants this for all the old school tobacco farmers but it’s out of there control. We’re still growing but I don’t know. Y’all have been free for awhile now, is this just whatever? Keep on with your business plans or no?

I am also a registered grower in Va. I also am opening a cbd online store selling locally grown (extracted by another company) hemp derived products such as distillate oil, vape carts, Kief and shatter. I was told any products except for flower and greens like shake material can be sold to any Virginia resident.

I have been askig the ag department to not use total thc # and not decarb the flower prior to testing(they use GC and not hplc) I was told today that for 2019 they will use total thc #’s . It’s going to be hard to have a legal crop. Many growers in other state are only testing active thcd9 and not total amounts.

2 Likes