Virginia pulling CBD products fr shelves

Did you talk to them after yesterday’s announcement? It’s was all god till yesterday but I’m glad to hear you’re not sweating it. I won’t either then. Welcome to cannabis

I’m going to contact them…It still says this on the website:

ommercial Sale
Your hemp product and sale thereof must comply with any relevant federal or state law (i.e. food laws, animal feed laws).
The following industrial hemp plant parts or hemp products can be sold to anyone in Virginia (the purchaser is not required to have a Virginia Industrial Hemp Grower, Dealer, or Processor Registration):
• Mature stalks
• Fiber produced from mature stalks
• Seed oil or seed cake
• Any compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the mature stalk,
fiber, oil, or cake
• Sterilized seed that is incapable of germination
• Hemp-derived extract, including hemp-derived CBD oil
The following industrial hemp plant parts can be sold in Virginia only to an individual who has a Virginia Industrial Hemp Grower, Dealer, or Processor Registration:
• Planting seeds or clones
• Flowers or buds
• Leaf material/micro greens
Nationwide, law enforcement has had varying responses to the transfer of hemp planting seeds or clones, flowers or buds, or leaf material or micro greens across state lines. If you would like to transfer or sell any of these materials to someone in another state, VDACS encourages you to seek legal advice. However, doing so does not jeopardize your Industrial Hemp Grower, Dealer, or Processor Registration issued by VDACS.

1 Like

They also told be they will be focusing on hemp testing for 2019 and not testing of cbd oils. It does concern me as I’m looking for a legal business (online sales in and out of state).

1 Like

We might have to harvest premature if testing restrictions are too intense.

They are very restrictive on processors! That’s why I said it’s better to sub it out and pay 30 a lb and $1 a gram for final distillate! It going to be hard for farmers also I’m not going to grow my usual monster plants but some small plants to get the genetics dialed in for what complies with va hemp laws. I have talked with many certified breeders in Oregon and Colorado and they agree it makes it hard on farmers and will hurt the industry if Virginia doesn’t change how they are going to test. I told Jasmine why should my flower destine for oil that will never be combusted be decarbed just for testing. A good analogy I read for states requiring total thc testing is a cop with a radar gun that makes the cars speed prior to testing it speed. That’s exactly what CG test do is convert Thca as we know not intoxicating and unregulated/not scheduled into the very compound they are limiting its growers on thcd9.

1 Like

I was told I can have as much distilled oil I want post processed not by myself without permit or sellers license.

1 Like

I told them I’m going to harvest as late as possible (over ripe) Thca with naturally convert to thcd9 and then again degrade to cbn.

1 Like

TN has them…

1 Like

Wow that’s a great plan. Bring those terps out too. Maybe this is just how it is in the beginning.

That fda panel at the end of the month is nothing but a listening session. No telling when we get clarity.

Good to see this post. I just received my processors license about a month ago. Definitely good to see Virginia moving in the right direction sort of. Hopefully they(fda) will hurry up and figure their shit out. CBD in every form is popping up every where you turn here in Richmond.

2 Likes

Don t count in iT :cry:

What are your current capabilities processing? Ethanol, co2 or hydrocarbon?

Ethanol and rosin. Still waiting to dial a few things in but we will be able to run around 50-100 lbs a day within the next month or two so nothing too crazy at first until we get dialed in. Where are you located any where near richmond?

There is much hype on the “letter”. This is really no change from last years directive. Notice that one can still process for topicals. The same equipment is used either way wink wink. This is nothing more than a “cover your ass” initiative squarely from FDA to VDACS. VDACS doesn’t want to be in that fight. As for where this came from: you can thank Dave Marsden D from Fairfax. He is in bed with the 5 pharma companies who want control of all cbd related products. Heaven forbid that farmers and processors make any of “their money”.
Always follow the money…
I’m a registered Virginia grower and processor since July 2018

1 Like

Agree…And I live there lol (for now)