Virginia mom charged with murder after 4-year-old eats THC gummies

Nobody read the article? D8 gummies

7 Likes

Is that just an anecdotal statement to “pad” the news brief…or are they implying the child ingested synthetic D8….
We need to find out…
“ 4 hours ago — Dorothy Annette Clements told a police detective that her son ate half of a CBD gummy and that she called poison control and was assured that he …”

Half of one (1) CBD gummy….I’d hold off on this story a bit.
Some say kid was 3 others say 4……

We need a count of actual gummies that were in the stomach/digestive tract.
We need to know ingredients of gummy preparation.

She says they are CBD but the police “believe” cause of death was TOXIC THC. If the data is some how in error …the 11-OH
Ratio will be off.

1 Like

this happened 4 days after the FDA updated the warning page with another death apparently

1 Like

So essentially you’re claiming that there is no LD50 to THC?

I am not. Enzyme capacity is limited and beyond a certain amount, a child may well experience accelerated bowel movement, pushing gut content towards the rectum where absorption with FPM bypass can occur, especially with gummies where no non-digestible fiber or strong stimulation of water secretion through the mucous membranes (leading to diarrhea and purging of the actives) can be expected since all simple carbohydrates get quite readily absorbed in the small intestine.

2 Likes

It’s easy to get a felony charge when it involves a minor, a person(s) over 65 / “The Elderly” or those with a diminished mental capacity and/or disabled.

Most the US has auto felonies for certain crimes involving those three.

1 Like

Kids at that age shouldn’t ingest any cannabinoid. Doesn’t matter dosage or noid. Don’t take the risk.

Parent should’ve kept it locked away. She probably didn’t care or didn’t think about it until it happened.

I agree, lockboxes should be suggested to adults who consume cannabis but have children in the house.

I also agree children shouldn’t consume any noids unless the pediatric use has been authorized/cleared by a medical professional and the strict monitoring and supervision of use is performed which is usually reserved for those that are terminally ill or seizure stricken patients.

1 Like

She didn’t look like the kind of mother who thinks about that sadly.

2 Likes

Remember…this is in a newly “legalized” Commonwealth. They are fighting tooth and nail to prevent retail cannabis so any story they can pound out is sensationalized to demonize this plant and/or its isomers. The story should be more focused around the dangers of an “open medicine cabinet” rather than the dangers of thc’s being ingested. Whether it’s d8, d9, cough syrup or Jim Beam it should be kept secure and far away from children.

17 Likes

no doubt bro. its a very serious tragic situation for sure.

but, if he had found a gun and shot himself the opposition would go after gun laws and the gun nuts would blame the mother for not having it locked up in a safe.

same situation. its horrific but, if responsibly kept away from minors this wouldnt happen. if you have gummies laying around the house, a kid will find them and with no question ingest them. The 'noids didnt kill him (necessarily) the mother did. so negligent homicide will probably be the ruling.

4 Likes

My take from this is when stupid people have kids and enjoy taking any substance, it usually leads to some issue later down the line.

If this child found a gun and shot himself, be the same thing. Parents fault for not keeping the gun locked away.

Parents fault for not locking away the gummies

I think the sheer amount of noids and whatever else was in the D8 is what did it. No child should be ingesting that noid, or any noid.

I don’t want to imagine what the poor child went through

1 Like

:Review summary concerning LD 50 studies of Delta 9 THC:

Blockquote

In summary, enormous doses of Delta 9 THC, All THC and concentrated marihuana extract ingested by mouth were unable to produce death or organ pathology in large mammals but did produce fatalities in smaller rodents due to profound central nervous system depression.

The non-fatal consumption of 3000 mg/kg A THC by the dog and monkey would be comparable to a 154-pound human eating approximately 46 pounds (21 kilograms) of 1%-marihuana or 10 pounds of 5% hashish at one time. In addition, 92 mg/kg THC intravenously produced no fatalities in monkeys. These doses would be comparable to a 154-pound human smoking at one time almost three pounds (1.28 kg) of 1%-marihuana or 250,000 times the usual smoked dose and over a million times the minimal effective dose assuming 50% destruction of the THC by

Blockquote

(https://druglibrary.org/Schaffer/Library/studies/nc/nc1e.htm”)

Worth reading criticisms of LD50 data produced by intravenous injection or intraperitonel injections.

3 Likes

So does this mean it would take near 250k Litres of 50% ∆9Thca to the face to kill a human?

2 Likes

Everyone parrots this, but yet no one can seem to actually identify anything in the converted disty that would be harmful to ingest. Sure, residual solvent/catalyst would do it, but the vast majority of producers aren’t leaving those in there. I’ve spent so much fucking money with KCA and have yet to identify ANYTHING that could present itself as harmful. If anyone has any data regarding common contaminants in acid isomerized d8 of high purity, I would love to read it.

8 Likes

Or 9 ft of water in a swimming pool with a joint floating on the surface….plus a 500 lb weight.

2 Likes

darn autism, I can not tell if this is sarcastic satire

3 Likes

Sardonic wise guy shit…picked up by hanging out on street corners as a teen.

3 Likes

Good to know as I had no clue. I figured a large portion of D8 manufacturers still had residuals left. I guess a lot has changed in D8.

Well, when the shit was 2k/L anyone and their brother could put out poop soup and make money. Now that it isn’t worth shit on the L price, why would renegade labs even bother putting out shit when it’s cheaper to buy it from someone who can do it right?

4 Likes