Very New to BHO and Need Advice!

Ok so a rack mounted system is definitely the way to go it seems. Are both of the large columns on your setup full of material with one of them being the dewaxing column?
fb8193f633d0786ea23540bf2563c544b77c6945_2_666x500

From what I can see its a material column, dewax column, into CRC filter, then into collection, back through mole sieve, into condenser coil, then into recovery? I’m probably going to upgrade to a jacketed column for dry ice and iso, but was just curious how you had yours setup and if you had material in both or like some kind of packing/filtration media in the dewax column. Is there a reason in having two separate ones instead of just one jacketed stuffed with material?

1 Like

Yea you got it, I like it this way it’s simple, works great and is efficient for the scale I run. I made a designated area for this machine is why I wall mounted mine. If you have room it’s deff the way to go.
There is only material in one column, and the second with the dry ice jacket just works better when it’s just a liquid against the walls able to move freely, the all in one deal does work to a degree but not as good as if it’s just liquid in the spool.

1 Like

Ah so its just an empty frozen column with the jacket filled with drice and iso to pass it through, is there a filter at the bottom of that column before it goes into crc? Sorry for so many questions, I’m just actually in the process of building this setup but installing it to a mobile cart. Thanks! How necessary is the condensing portion of this? Does it also serve to cool the solvent on the way to the material column or just for recovery.

Yes and both spools have filter plate at bottom and then stack paper filters, most of the time I run 20-25 micron papers with a filter plate ring in between to create gap in papers.
I have found with some strains I get any smaller in micron size like at the dewax it will clog very easy and your sitting with a spool full of tane.

3 Likes

Have a separate coil inside for push just in case sittin in 55 gallon trash can 3/4 full of dry ice for a hr isn’t enough. I run denatured alcohol on my coils for that extra chill but not on my tank cuz that shit makes a mess.

5 Likes

Thank you, extremely helpful info. Do you use iso/denatured on your tank and columns or just dry ice?

I use denatured and dry ice on my coils, I don’t like on tanks or spools makes a mess. And no problem man any other questions I’ll be happy to try and answer and if I can’t I’ll point you in the right direction :call_me_hand:

1 Like

This is what I would do if using a couple of high pressure quadpods rather than a rack. Basically bottom fill with bi-di flow adaptor then send it to the crc and filter from top to bottom through the crc.

I don’t use bi-di flow, I’m a top fill kind of guy and I don’t use a rack either and I mainly use the stands for filtration rn. I’m getting nitrogen this year so I’ll be able to play around a little more.

But these guys are right, you don’t want a leaning tower of potential explosion and you should consider a rack if you’re crcing. I don’t crc, I feel like what I get is good enough.

@Granto seeing you pop up all over the forum asking basic questions on how to operate tells me that you should seriously consider finding a consultant to teach you hands on for the safety of you and others, this place is great for reference knowledge but it lacks the finer details that can only be learned through actually going through the process

5 Likes

Early Terpenator tri-core alcohol/dry ice slurry. Subsequently replaced with counterflow heat exchanger using LN2 as the refrigerant. The coating is 1" closed cell neoprene foam:

13 Likes

First NEMA 7, Class 1, Div 1, Mk IVB Terpenator with counter flow heat exchangers and N2 boost/purge.

One coil chilling injection using LN2, and second cooling pump discharge using -15C chiller.

Below, an example of Medizin Maker Mk IVC mechanical room installation in Las Vega, currently in a museum there:

6 Likes
2 Likes

My brain smiled.

1 Like

Still wish i woulda grabbed that one of your when i had the chance.

1 Like

Also, do hose sizes matter at all? Seems like all your hoses are standard 3-4’ but was wondering if going longer was a detriment or hinderance at all to the system. Appreciate all the advice everyone!

Haha yes I spent the first week before running my first batch asking lots of questions as I was unaware of a lot of the basic info. Lots of reading, videos and 1 trial run later I understand it a lot better. Rebuilding my current setup into a much safer (fully high pressure clamped) modular rack mounted system as of now. There’s still tons to learn but I’ve learned enough to run my system safely thanks to you all

1 Like

Hose SIZE matters.
Hose LENGTH less so.

Solvent is fine in 3/8” or even 1/4”
Hash is better off in 1/2”, but 3/8” works.
Recovery path should be 1/2” or better
(2x 1/2” is better…1.5” is better still).

yes, shorter lines add less friction. So long as the reachand aren’t tripping hazards, that makes them better.

Hard lines better still if there is no NEED for flexible.

3 Likes

Alright thank you for the help man appreciate it again! I’ll be posting pics of the completed project sometime soon.

1 Like

Does anyone know what the purpose of using a jacketed CRC column like this is? Is it if you don’t bake the clay beforehand? I know you need the media activated but not sure if this is necessary or not.

Maybe Hot CRC Tek

:shushing_face:

2 Likes