Very New to BHO and Need Advice!

Yes and since you don’t have a dewax spool you could either run activated alumina and some silica 60 on top of clays to catch fats and garbage. Or your other option is to get a another jacketed spool for dewax big enough for the amount of solvent your using (ask @Killa12345 ) for advise on that he the numbers guy if I remember on here and can help with anything else as far as size and making something work. He also has good prices and carries quality steel.
I would deff rack or wall mount your system. Way safer and just ease of use. I just use the hanging brackets so I can remove my spools as I need.

I run 4x12 crc for a 5lb system and have a 5um sintered, I have zero flow issues, I’m rarely over 20psi on my whole system at anytime.
I would deff get a filter plate for paper filters at the bottom of your material column if you don’t have one, I run bvv fast and slow papers I forgot what micron they are for each but you can look that up if you want.
You should also really look into getting a molecular sieve for your recovery side to keep your butane dry and hopefully your distilling your butane before hand. If not then that’s the first step you need to do.

Actually now that I looked at your pics better you need to stop everything and order all high pressure tri clamps before you or someone gets hurt. Those clamps you have are only good for vacuum.

1 Like

i’m fucking jealous dude.

Nonsense.

You MAKE Butane Honey/Hash Oil. (BHO)

What you got in your freezer is BUTANE**…and THAT is a dumb place to have it.

Period.

we even have freezers blowing up without added butane/propane these days…because we’re using it as a refrigerant…Refrigerator explodes inside family home in West Palm Beach - YouTube

** if you’re tapping cans, chances are you’re not using straight butane: What's in YOUR solvent tank (today)?

4 Likes

Ok I’ll make sure to upgrade those clamps, and look into a mole sieve. As I can’t move my system and mount it to anything like your fancy setup I think I’m going to have to stay with a standard sintered disk 2" tri clamp filter like (this is a 4" but same concept) this. for a 1 lb column what would be an acceptable CRC column size? Was thinking of doing a 2" by 6" or maybe a 2x8" spool to pack my media into, then adding a sintered 1 micron disk with a 5um filter paper. Would that be enough to keep it all out of my final product? Just trying to make the best crc filter I can while still having it inline with my system under my material column. It would go material column, 4" sintered disk filter to catch early waxes and fats, CRC column (2 x 6" or 2 x 8" spool), another 2" sintered disk filter 1 um with a filter paper and retaining ring, and then directly into collection. Also was thinking I could just run something like this and take the top and bottom end pieces off to run just the middle section inline. What’s the benefit to putting those disks in between media layers? Does it reduce channeling? Thanks again man. I’m also very jealous of the setup

Yes you can.

You might not be able to mount it to a wall, but you absolutely CAN rack mount it.

Try: Search results for 'Diy rack' - Future4200

The last thing you want to do is make a teetering tower pipe bomb.

5 Likes

Get someone to make you a tripod with high pressure clamps.

Idofabs sells these The C.R.C. Moon Lander - Filter Media Packing Station | IndoFab Solutions

@Killa12345 made this

You could do a bidirectional flow to the CRC to the collection.

I don’t use my setup indoors but here’s an example of the 3" high pressure quadpod @Soxhlet (indofabs solutions) made me.

I tout quadpods and stands as a cheaper alternative to racks but at the price of two stands you could have someone make you a rack at your local welder I think @StoneD dropped a diagram/blueprint you can bring to a local welder that comes out to usually 350-500 depending on who you go to.

Here’s what my old 2" dewaxing column quadpod setup looked like. I don’t run indoors BTW I only run outdoors. Closed Loop Design Contest.... - #26 by GroovyOctopusLabs

Hope these help.

2 Likes

Yes I can probably find it if someone needs it…if u need it longer just add feet to it

Was like $350 casters (wheels) and all…I sanded and painted w chrome Rust-Oleum looks great mow

Crude pic of it

I.made.brckets for the clamps to hold it to the rack outta the next size tubing up and welded the blue rack clamp to the drop over bracket…then I can take it off if need be

2 Likes

Blockquote
So this would mean just adding valves to send the gas out, into the crc chamber, and then back in to the collection? Similar to to a rack mounted setup but with just the crc chamber out.

So its just a dewaxing column and crc going straight to collection?

Ok so a rack mounted system is definitely the way to go it seems. Are both of the large columns on your setup full of material with one of them being the dewaxing column?
fb8193f633d0786ea23540bf2563c544b77c6945_2_666x500

From what I can see its a material column, dewax column, into CRC filter, then into collection, back through mole sieve, into condenser coil, then into recovery? I’m probably going to upgrade to a jacketed column for dry ice and iso, but was just curious how you had yours setup and if you had material in both or like some kind of packing/filtration media in the dewax column. Is there a reason in having two separate ones instead of just one jacketed stuffed with material?

1 Like

Yea you got it, I like it this way it’s simple, works great and is efficient for the scale I run. I made a designated area for this machine is why I wall mounted mine. If you have room it’s deff the way to go.
There is only material in one column, and the second with the dry ice jacket just works better when it’s just a liquid against the walls able to move freely, the all in one deal does work to a degree but not as good as if it’s just liquid in the spool.

1 Like

Ah so its just an empty frozen column with the jacket filled with drice and iso to pass it through, is there a filter at the bottom of that column before it goes into crc? Sorry for so many questions, I’m just actually in the process of building this setup but installing it to a mobile cart. Thanks! How necessary is the condensing portion of this? Does it also serve to cool the solvent on the way to the material column or just for recovery.

Yes and both spools have filter plate at bottom and then stack paper filters, most of the time I run 20-25 micron papers with a filter plate ring in between to create gap in papers.
I have found with some strains I get any smaller in micron size like at the dewax it will clog very easy and your sitting with a spool full of tane.

3 Likes

Have a separate coil inside for push just in case sittin in 55 gallon trash can 3/4 full of dry ice for a hr isn’t enough. I run denatured alcohol on my coils for that extra chill but not on my tank cuz that shit makes a mess.

5 Likes

Thank you, extremely helpful info. Do you use iso/denatured on your tank and columns or just dry ice?

I use denatured and dry ice on my coils, I don’t like on tanks or spools makes a mess. And no problem man any other questions I’ll be happy to try and answer and if I can’t I’ll point you in the right direction :call_me_hand:

1 Like

This is what I would do if using a couple of high pressure quadpods rather than a rack. Basically bottom fill with bi-di flow adaptor then send it to the crc and filter from top to bottom through the crc.

I don’t use bi-di flow, I’m a top fill kind of guy and I don’t use a rack either and I mainly use the stands for filtration rn. I’m getting nitrogen this year so I’ll be able to play around a little more.

But these guys are right, you don’t want a leaning tower of potential explosion and you should consider a rack if you’re crcing. I don’t crc, I feel like what I get is good enough.

@Granto seeing you pop up all over the forum asking basic questions on how to operate tells me that you should seriously consider finding a consultant to teach you hands on for the safety of you and others, this place is great for reference knowledge but it lacks the finer details that can only be learned through actually going through the process

5 Likes

Early Terpenator tri-core alcohol/dry ice slurry. Subsequently replaced with counterflow heat exchanger using LN2 as the refrigerant. The coating is 1" closed cell neoprene foam:

13 Likes