Very clear bho shatter (Definitely scammed) !Warning to all hash lovers and makers!

They leave the bottom of the barrel as waste, if that’s what you’re getting at. They also filter with bentonite and they use clarifying agents like bentonite, gelatin, carbon and polycar

5 Likes

Dont use a hot plate! Get a bath of hot water from the sink. You dont want your jar to catch on fire lol

After you lose weight in your jar, it will float on the water and tip over… does it sound like I’ve done this b4? Lol

3 Likes

When we open blasted in past we used a tea kettle in a separate room to heat water to desired temp, I’ve seen numerous videos of ignition caused by so many things, the less you do with open butane the better…

6 Likes

Dude if you know the secret why not just share it like others on here are doing? Open source is better than toying with people withholding information, perhaps it will get you the recognition then the job you desire as you stated above.
good deeds won’t go unnoticed…

4 Likes

Is it simple as using temperature to settle things in a seperatory funnel like wine? What is the temp to get thca to float to the top? Or is it more of a time than temp thing
What about the method for removing the trichomb heads using a paint roller and a 230 l.p.i. screen like jungleboys_rosin on ig they dont harvest any different and have the common knowledge that thc only changes color due to degradation

3 Likes

It’s both. And also your saturation level. And that’s why I like the idea of “open blasting” or even closed loop blast into a jar lmao.

Then you can get an idea of the temps and time relationship and how they effect what crashes to the bottom.

When I open blasted, I would blast into a steel pot, reduce solvent level on hot water bath, then pour into my handy dandy 2 L measuring cup, then I could easily pour into 2 L jars. Those jars have gone directly on dry ice before and after sitting too long they crash too hard and thc falls out. If you put a towel in between a dry ice block and the jar, the jars can sit much longer before noticing thc crashing. Being able to distinguish the fat from thc may be difficult. Even if you can, its not a perfect process. You might as well crash everything out and winterize the powders like I keep screaming above.

5 Likes

What about doing a second dewax to reduce the lipid and wax content so that the remaining crash will be mostly thca? Also I think just blasting trichomb heads might have an advantage but I’m not sure…
Edit:
http://drysiftwizard.com/tutorials.html

1 Like

Sure but butane is not a perfect solvent for dewax. If it’s all you got, I’m not gonna stop you. You can definitely redissolve the crap/thc in butane and then dewax. You might even want to do that twice :man_shrugging:

1 Like

To achieve the end product we are attempting, we would most likely be using a single solvent.

2 Likes

Most butane still has other solvents in it regardless, and depending on initial distillation temps at least a bit of each end up in the recovery tank, just going off of residual tests I’ve seen, heptane, hexane,propane and if not rinsed enough isopropanol all make it in the end products, which means they come from said single solvent except isopropanol which is from cleaning and not thoroughly rinsing equipment…

Shatter purged for 2 days at ~95 using “single solvent”

3 Likes

Where do you source your solvent from?

2 Likes

A local welding supply store

Seems like it’s contaminated. Are you getting instrument grade and American sourced? Some welding suppliers don’t keep their tanks or recovery equipment as clean as you want.

And ~95f seems high.

5 Likes

It’s pretty much the only type they had, so no it’s not instrument grade, I’m sure its American sourced, I’ll have to ask next time I go in, I have been considering sourcing it elsewhere next time because their price is on the high side 1000$ for 100lb tank
Everyone has their temps set we’ve just been playing around with different temps and time for purge based off lab results not so much personal preference, seems 92f for 4 days is best we have tried thus far

1 Like

Yeah always hot water purge… I use the hot plate to heat the water inside and purge outside … and I have large Pyrex bowl I used when I open blasted…

1 Like

Yeah. I met a guy that set his arm up when the hot plate switch clicked…

1 Like

Contact Kush gas (gasman14) or xtane (their large tanks are American). They both use instrument grade from gas innovations. You should be able to get one for around 700 or less. 200 tank fee the first time. They deliver to me for 600 a tank.

5 Likes

Thanks man I appreciate the info, that’s a great price I will definitely look into them when I run out

2 Likes

60/40 butane propane mix

1 Like

I can give you a layout of how I vac and temps in 4 or so days and be roughly around or under 500ppm each time and not break 90f in the oven. And push 4% regularly for terpenes on shatter, depending on solvent and material.

Not being condescending, but just giving you info on making a better product. I never pull a full vac on anything in the 90s.

How often do you sugar?

7 Likes