Vaping THCO causes Poisonous Ketene gas formation - Vape crisis 2.0

Would be super curious to see sources on this - not skeptical, just something good to have bookmarked

1 Like

I wonder where @og_extracts thinks marinol comes from

1 Like

Marinol is just synthetic D9 that has gone through countless safety trials, but American chemists have been making synthetic cannabinoids since the 1940s - no doubt thereā€™s been some deaths here and there from consumption

3 Likes

Itā€™s funny how some guys will talk about how ā€œdangerousā€ conversions are while squeezing 50lbs of high pressure solvent through a bunch of toobs. I believe the risk is relative if the operator is experienced and knows what they are doing in order to operate safely. Not to mention working in a well organized/well setup facility.

2 Likes

From my reading here it appears a beloved friend to many was lost here to making conversions

Although hydrogenation if indeed is what he was doing that is obviously dangerous due to the nature of hydrogen

Not to say extraction is not dangerous it surely is

2 Likes

Absolutely! Davidā€™s is a sad story as i believe he was an intelligent person and it seems like he knew what he was doing. Shit still happens. I just wanted to mention that risk is always present in the lab but it is most certainly relative to what youā€™re working with.

1 Like

Dont be hating on my food grade nylon pipe setup, I cross referenced a safety data sheet and theres no risk of solvent leeching below 74c, and purging at 240f is great for low vac pressure setups if youre like me and dont care about terps because you cant really taste much anyways. I even use N-butane for less risiduals. And good ol fashion everclear can get rid of some lipids. Yeah, I run it old school, but its for personal use anyways, Id never share it.

1 Like

No hate brother. Iā€™m sure you know what you are doing as it pertains to your setup. I didnā€™t start clean, but Iā€™ve got a VERY safe closed loop SS reactor and we have very well defined SOPs as it pertains to our setup. Safety can be achieved even if you donā€™t quite start out that way.

1 Like

Donā€™t hate my 2 liter soda bottle setup

Jk all I have is a small grow made of metal and plastic

I canā€™t afford 2 liter soda bottles. Not yet at least.

1 Like

All jokes aside I said here once there is no right way, but there sure is a wrong way. Blowing yourself up.

Right way is all down to personal preference as 2-3 different methods can yield identical or near identical results. Not just in cannabis.

make industrial cannabis safe and all that but in the end if the end-user knows the risks and still decides to consume thenā€¦ Who cares.

1 Like

I expected more of a deep dive on this topic. General consensus is this is sensational journalism? Iā€™ve seen less thco products lately around headshops/gas stations. Shelves are all d8 at the moment, or d9 edibles.

3 Likes

Probably due to the demand and sketchiness of these products.

Customers probably got sketchy of the HHC and THC-O-A and decided D8 is just enough.

Vinegar is about 4-6% acetic acid so they better donā€™t eat a salad at work.

do you know the approx temp of combustion for a mere pot? is it more or less than the novel systems?

my question here: is there any different and safer way of making thc a more brain barrier crossing, bioavailable molecule? I was very happy with this idea (for smoking product) and how easy its ā€œsynthesisā€ was. this is really bad news.

Anybody got new info on this? All I can find is the original paper from last year.