Using wax to make thc syrup

I, respectfully, disagree. Having made and used medicated honey for years, I can tell you that your cannabinoids are not water soluble (even when suspended in honey). You may consume some of it when mixed with water-based liquids, but I guarantee you are leaving some (probably a fair amount) on the walls of the cup or bottle you’re drinking from as well. The addition of lipids can help, but milk or butter (bullet coffee) still doesn’t make a stable suspension or emulsion, in my experience.

3 Likes

Odd because its working pretty well for me.

Pics or it’s not true

2 Likes

But for how long does it stay mixed? I’m sure withing 7 days, it will seperate.

2 Likes

I have honey I make from infusion with flower itself, never separates, have had a jar for well over 2 yrs never seperate. As for this op though, he would definitely need to bind the oil to not seperate in under 3 days time.

2 Likes

The cannanaboids may seperate from the honey. May not be a visual que, but a hplc may show the results.

No way man. He redefined polarity and definitely got it to work. There’s absolutely no way he just can’t see the separation of phases because they both so happen to be nearly identical in color. What on earth are we spewing on about emulsifiers for?

3 Likes

as I said bind meaning would need a emulsifier for the oils.

2 Likes

Ive noticed that vg flower extraction doesn’t separate but vg and concentrate will. Must have to do with the terpenes altering the polarity. Also by using flower you don’t really get a supersaturation so everything stays suspended in solution

3 Likes

Its separating lightly, but the more i mix it the less separates. I’m guessing one more ingredient to help emulsify it a bit more, then it should be fine. I’m mixing the honey into a lemonade with chamomile and rosemary and its not too bad. I will say shaking is best before drinking. Or a little stir, but it works well enough to be put in a drink and be mixed in. If you let it sit for a while just shake a little and your good to go.

Just mixed with the honey though, i do 8:2 honey:wax. It seems to be a good approach to it as its fully one with that honey now.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/18133036972044312/

1 Like

Damn so you’re saying there’s 200 ml in there? A quick Google suggests that honey will bind to oils with the addition of beeswax as an emulsifier. Not sure if that’s drinkable haha

I’m sure using waxy bho could help!

1 Like

Haha I put 1.3g of decarbed shatter into mine so about 1000mg for 4oz, and have had a few people drink the whole thing and tell me they were psychedelic high for a few days

2 Likes

The consistency you would want as well as clarity. These were From a darker desert blossom honey. Infused, 1 tsp would floor most smokers.
Bubbles up top are from being freshly poured. No seperation. When in smaller jars it looks like full spec crude. Or tbh some people first pass cbd disty :joy::man_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

I guess raw honey then would be best because it has pieces of honey comb in there.

2 Likes

Also helps to make sure it’s 100% honey not the little bear bottle shit that’s half hfcs

3 Likes

1 Like