Using recovery pump instead of nitro assist

use an extra WARM solvent tank plumbed into your cold tank, before the warm tank enters the cold tank have a coil submerged in DI the pressure from the warm tank will push the solvent thru the system.

Hello how is it going. I’m running a bhogarts system with just butane with a mvp pump and don’t have enough pressure built in my solvent tank and my purge tank and my honey pot . Please can u help me

2 Likes

Shoot a little butane into your recovery pot and start recovery, the hot vapor will put pressure on your tank which should un vapor lock you

3 Likes

Beautiful system btw god dam lol

3 Likes

I tried purging it from my purge tank but no luck. Would my honey pot be different ?

Thanks for getting back brotha, and we managed to take some out and this is what the sample came out like

You’re trying to get the concentrate out?

No I want to know how to build pressure in my solvent tank so I can shoot into the columns easier and how to add pressure to the purge tank to be able to dump from the columns to the purge tank for faster dump and to build pressure in my purge tank to be able to shoot it in my honey pot to do the final stages of butane evaporation

Do you pull. A hard vacuum on system before you start ? Administering butane?
Looks like you are running warm. Tane is that correct ?

No I’m running cold I have 5 hp ice tech chiller and yes I vacuum down to the pressure cage -30 but stalls quickly vapor lock

Ok the vapor lock occurred because there is a diffrance in pressure between the butane sending colum/tank and the receiving colum/tank
The receiving tank Bering at a higher pressure
Temperature manipulates pressure the higher the temp the higher the pressure
So your receiving tank /colum should have a lower temperature
If you push liquid tane it s important not to have any other vapor paths between the two tanks
PleasE what is the pressure of
Solvent tank
Material column
Colection pot
Mol sieves unit
Honey pot
And at what temp are they each ?

1 Like

Building pressure is either by rising the temperature of the tank involved
But you run cold
Then to build pressure you ad a gas in the headspace that’s not cold butane for instance coming from a smal tank set at 40 C will give a 40psi push

You do not wan t any pressure on your purge tank as long as you are dumping from the material tubes unless again you push your liquid butane into this tank with warm butane your purge tank should have the lowest temp while dumping
Or at least below -1C to keep it from building pressure
I can t see if every single tank / column has prv s for without I am weary of recommending nitrogen assist
Once all is dumped you rise the jacket temp of the collection pot and once pressure is build you fill your squirt pot
And start recovering jacket temp can be set at 45C in the first 80% of recovery and lowered for the last bit
Just make sure you do not pass 45 psi for that. S an indication your temp is to high
Your biomass tubes don t look cooled so what is the chiller cooling ? And

Nooooo! Do not heat your column full of butane with a heat gun! What kind of mad man are you, suggesting things like that? Trying to eliminate the competition?

3 Likes

That looks like a very expensive setup youve got there, are none of the people who helped you put it together qualified to opperate it?

1 Like

my partner and I put it together with little help from bhogarts just to make sure connection s r correct , we just need a little help.

To heat a blasting tube with a heat gun for temps to rise so much that the pressure rises above 150 psi
Is a very very long heating session
And by the way I have no competition for I am in Europe not even all the mailed distillate from the us takes care of 20% I make
I really wish. There to be more I give classes for free and try to get people to work in this field

1 Like

Have you figured it out
I am pretty sure that @Apothecary36
Ran a rig. Like this and knows it inside out
Also sure that he does consultation jobs on location so I would recomend him

1 Like

No not yet still figuring it out but some told me nitrogen assist, but new to nitro. What would u recommend ?

The rig is big and one needs to be focused working on it
If you are considering nitrogen assist I would defiantly recomend placing pressure relief valves on every single piece
Then yes

1 Like