Using recovery pump instead of nitro assist

Can I use my recovery pump to build pressure in my tank rather then using nitrogen?
I have been wanting to try a cold run but don’t have a nitro setup. And would rather not use it if I don’t have to.

2 Likes

If you would insert warm gas iT could
Plain air is not recomended deu to O2 beeing inserted in your system

1 Like

So insert some warm gas into my collection and recover I can use that instead of a nitro push?

We push to get the liquid gas treu the blast tube and filter to the colection pot

I was under the assumption that you use the n2 to get the solvent out of the tank since it’s on di. Am I wrong?

Yes if you where to push out from collection pot whit cannabinoids still dissolved in solvent how Will you ever get them

I have multiple ports on my lid.
I was thinking insert liquid into collection pot (not going through column) , then I can turn the pump on and push the gas from the collection through my coil into my tank creating pressure.
I use the pump to create pressure in the tank when the solvent stops moving from my tank to column when running warm

1 Like

Ok hold on
When working cold
Your gas stays liquid and builds no pressure
So to bring iT out of the tank to the blast tube treu to your collection pot
We bring pressure on the vapor port of the cryo cold solvent tank making solvent go to the blast tube treu the filter into the collection pot
We then heat up the collection pot to get evaporation gooing of solvent back to solvent tank

1 Like

Correct. My question is since there would be no pressure in my tank can I use my recovery pump to put pressure into my tank using the hot vapor from some liquid butane I inserted straight into collection pot before I start the run from a separate tank.

If your collection pot is warm rheoretically yes but your liquid in blast tube Will not Easely go to collection pot deu to a vapor lock

I use the recovery pump for pressure for the column also. I turn the blast valve closed and have my recovery pump routed to the top of the column also so I can build pressure in the column. Once pressure raises I open blast valve

The way I currently run I use no dry ice at all

Hmmm when running warm
A full vacuüm on collection pot should be. Enough to pass treu your liquid solvent to collection pot

1 Like

My system is large. Sometimes towards the end of injecting solvent it slows down alot. In order to speed it back up I kick on the pump to build pressure in the tank to get the remainder of the solvent out.

That makes sense
Keeping your collection pot in ICE water is another way to solve that

1 Like

Ya I used to run passive and got tired of spending money on dry ice

Rules are simple
Solvent wan t’s to go to where iT s coldest
Once below boiling point of solvent iT Will stay liquid and build no pressure
Warm vapor assist works until vapor condenses

Didn’t think about it recondensing the vapor from the pump in the column once I got the solvent out of the tank

What gas you work with ?
Butane mix or proropane

40/40/20
Iso/n/pro