Using recovery pump instead of nitro assist

Hmm ok so yes working cold you Will need dry ICE

So in theory I can do it the way I was saying as long as I have enough dry ice for tank AND collection pot.

Yes and your solvent tank

My recovery and solvent tank are the same. Only 1 tank

If you cool both down where does your warm vapor comes from ?

Cryo means cooling down. Everything in the loop and assisting with warm vapor or a inert gas

I would cool the collection pot after I pushed the vapor from the gas I inserted earlier. So insert liquid into pot from a separate tank. Recover vapors and push into my solvent/recovery tank that’s on dry ice to build pressure. Get solvent out. Put collection on dry ice.

Yep that Will do

1 Like

Awesome thanks for the help. I just wanted to verify it will work before I tried

1 Like

My next question would be how cold does the column get compared to the collection on dry ice.
My collection pot is large. 12x24. I feel like I might not be able to get that cold enough compared to the solvent that will be in the column

1 Like

Colom sleeved ?

No unfortunately

Hmmm size of colum ?

1 Like

6x36 6x48

I also have 2 4x24 columns. And the pot I can take out a 12x12 spool to make it a 12x12 pot

Place a pvc pipe around Any colum fill botom witw aluminium foil or anything and
Place dry ICE in sleeved

1 Like

I’m confused. How would this help me get the solvent from the column to collection. My worry is that I won’t be able to get my large collection pot colder then the solvent in the column.

So cool down solvent and column
Inject from collection warm vapor
Cooldown collection only 12”x12”
Open Valve dump

1 Like

Heat top of column with heatgun to creatie push

1 Like

Get your solvent so cold it won’t move w dry ice…

Since you don’t have n2 then let it warm and build small amounts psi, the remaining solvent will still be super cold.
If you have gauge on your tank after cooling to zero let build to 20psi and inject.

If no gauge wait 15-25 min and inject after pulling out the dry ice once dry ice cold.

Vac down all lines before starting, it’ll inject just fine like that but I use n2 now to save myself time from moving tanks back and forth

1 Like