Using and Abusing logos

@sidco is there any precedent for removing the PRSPCT logo from @AdvancedBio’s avatar?

I don’t have any insight on the history, but can absolutely verify that Joshua Paul Arnold is not part of the company who’s logo he is flying at this time.

9 Likes

I suppose if @PRSPCT can second your motion we can manually change the Profile Picture. I would much prefer to not moderate peoples avitars though, because trolls and stuff. Before you know it everyone has the PRSPCT logo.

If it is copywritten (trademarked?) and @PRSPCT knows who @AdvancedBio is IRL they can handle it in big boy court.

2 Likes

agreed it would be about the hight of absurdity to start censoring avatars while you have people selling toxic chemical sludge to people to consume on the site

4 Likes

Source/link?

3 Likes

pick any thread with people selling delta 8 with unknown byproducts of their sloppy synthesis.

If someone dies from a converted product purchased through a thread on this site where does that place future4200 legally?

4 Likes

Can I change my logo/avatar to prspct lol jk

6 Likes

thanks for proving @sidco’s point…

2 Likes

Sorry I thought I’d make everyone laugh

2 Likes

This opens a can of worms for moderators/admins

1 Like

I’d play facebook on this and do nothing out of censorship principles until enough people warrant it. Would definitely pm about this stuff to sidco or future or other leaders

IANAL - But they tell me this is a public forum, posts are user-created and do not necessarily represent the opinions of the administration.

Either way I’d happily go to court to defend ‘the peoples’ ability to operate a public forum.

7 Likes

Not even interested in that tbh. At most I would move / hide the sales sections (which I tried to get the community behind but failed). Everything else is free speech and I am not here to hinder that. I wouldn’t go to a park and try and silence people arguing, but I might ask them to be more civil or show them a better way to discourse.

7 Likes

Amen thank God for free speech fuck china

There’s definitely a right time to moderate and admin and not. From my observation you guys do a great job.

9 Likes

Fwiw the legal standard for trademark infringement is consumer confusion. You aren’t supposed to impersonate another business and trick the consumer into thinking you are them. It is not actually a crime to misuse a mark, but one can be held civilly liable. Often the damages are set at 3x the ill gotten profit.

4 Likes

Yeah, but does my new avatar feel right to you? What is the appropriate response?

@AdvancedBio doesn’t seem to have been by in a while. If they had, talking to them directly would certainly be the most appropriate response.

I’m just bent out of shape that someone managed to screw up a collaboration between two folks I’ve really enjoyed working with…and was masquerading as one of them around here when they did it.

I have to agree with @sidco that policing avatars is not really a slope that needs lubricating.

7 Likes

I’m so hot and bothered rn :joy:

2 Likes

It all makes sense now

1 Like

Go on…

Until I read this thread I was confused why @cyclopath had your avatar.

3 Likes