Unsafe CLS machine technician

He wouldn’t sue we would come up with a solution so I don’t leave em stranded. But also after showing him this thread I hope he will start to understand.

5 Likes

Immediate termination no questions asked.

Last person that tried to vape in my lab was told to leave and never come back.

29 Likes

This is how I would go about it.

First explain the actual dangerous aspects of the job. Bring out all the safety data sheets for the solvents used, explain to them flammability, flash points, and the whole “this is pretty much a firey pipe bomb” thing

Show them videos of labs blowing up and let them know that could happen to them if they don’t tighten up. Explain how it’s not only possible loss of life and serious injury, but also how much money it’s going to cost them if something like that happens.

Sometimes chads need to hear about the financial liability as well as the actual physical danger to make them approach things differently

11 Likes

Looking for advice and validation. I don’t need a new operator at the moment cause we have one in the grow that will come over, Classified is the wrong place for it. I was thinking canna business or echo chamber. somewhere where I can get advice/Validation. Sorry for my inexperience on the forum

1 Like

Right on that was very helpful. I will be adding that to my conversation. thank you so much

2 Likes

boss needs to understand Rocket Surgery:

disassembling the pipe bomb while it’s pressurized is a great way to get dead. plenty of folks who have had near misses. those that failed at missing don’t show up to raise their hands (eg: The Death of Horatio although his rocket was CO2 powered).

once upon a time the boss loosened the top clamp on a 3" column at ~100PSI. gauge was wrapped and looked like it read zero. he was lucky it was above his head.

I’ve had a 1.5" single pin clamp graze my ear…long enough ago that I don’t recall exactly how I screwed up (opened a pressurized container idiot!!) . Nor what told me to get my head out of the way in a hurry (just thankful I did).

this is probably where the boss needs to start… Bho Disasters (PLEASE READ!) | International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

I’d also suggest :Dealing with static electricity... MAJOR NO NO

and Share your terrifing/dangerous* storys of cannabis alchemy ventures

13 Likes

Thank you for these links

3 Likes

are you able to fire him? Id do that asap.

1 Like

No, Thats a huge issue for me, I want to hire the Techs and haven’t been able to.

2 Likes

how can you properly supervise if you cant get rid of bad eggs? is he related to the owner? the vaping in a c1d1 is a bit over the top. Do you lock him inside for long periods of time with no breaks?

4 Likes

it sounds like chad bought a c1d1 to please the inspector but chad is a lazy fuck.

4 Likes

Definitely start looking around if your already having issues this early on it’s a great indication of what to expect in the future with this company

11 Likes

he started in the dispensary. I came around when I heard they were building an Extraction lab. I sold myself so I could Design and operate it. This guy was already promised a job in the lab before I came around. I quickly found out that he knows nothing about extraction except how to smoke it. I told the boss that this might not be a good idea for him to be in the lab running Hydro-carbon he said we would still try him out. The tech has been with the company longer than me so he feels entitled.

No I do not lock him in the booth for long periods of time. I even give him opportunities to leave during recovery when I am around and can watch the machine.

1 Like

ive been learning hydrocrbon extraction for over 15 years and still not done learning.

4 Likes

the fire department knows nothing about how to deal with the extraction lab in this county the boss got the C1D1 booth to please me. He also painted the floor with grounding paint for me as well.

2 Likes

i used to think it would go down with gravity like in open blasting tubes going downward

1 Like

Show him some of these disasters

https://www.instagram.com/molecularshortpathguild/

8 Likes

facts! I will never will stop learning :slight_smile:

1 Like

they know how to put out fires. people have unsafe propane storage in every county of USA I imagine its not too uncomon for people to have the gas grill hose touch the grill and WHOOP THERE IT IS! its awkward when it happens in a purpose built booth to prevent any potential spaks and dude is aping on an 18650 battery.

1 Like

Thanks thats good advice, I am hoping that this situation is from inexperience and it can be rectified. I really appreciate all this advice and it really is going to help me when I talk to them this week.