Unlicensed testing

as a hobby I distill product from other people to make my own smoke but would like to test my material. As a unlicensed entity is there any realistic way to have my product tested in oregon?

3 Likes

I to was wondering about this . There should be a way for the normal everyday guy to have what he purchases tested . I wanna know if when I buy from some places if it’s even what they say it is ?

4 Likes

In Maine the labs will test anyone’s product who is willing to pay.

3 Likes

One local lab I use will only test of you have a med card. Imo, a facility should test reguardless if your legal or not. Harmful products dont discriminate against a body, neither should a testing lab.

4 Likes

Amen brotha, shouldn’t have to be worried about or denied wanting to make sure what iam making is safe.

2 Likes

Has anyone tried one of these?

1 Like

You should just assume its garbage lol

4 Likes

In Oregon, if you are an OMMP patient, you can have anything tested through any of the local labs. If you aren’t, befriend someone who is and get them to test it. The only other option is to spend a few thousand and get yourself some in-house analytics. Pun intended.

2 Likes

Try sclabs they do r&d testing you dont need license for

3 Likes

I kind of figured…

1 Like

Even after recreational passed?

Just called this place, and they will test for anyone over 21 in Oregon.

3 Likes

Green leaf will? Interesting. I called before at another lab and they wanted paperwork. I just kind of assumed everyone had the same policy. Thanks man.

In MA it’s the same. Tho they take an 8th away for testing… I never get my stuff tested. I just trust 3days

Apparently, you found one of the only labs that will test. Nicely done, good sir! To be clear, was this for flower or concentrate? Some may be making exceptions for the fact that it is legal to grow at home, but it still isn’t legal to do extractions at home. May still be frowned on to try and get concentrates tested.

I would be wary of the results you get from GreenLeaf. We didn’t like the results we got from them. Stood in stark contrast to our in-house analytics. Numbers always came back too high, which became problematic for formulating and accurate dosing.

2 Likes

The point is that it is allowed under the law.

Consumers should be able to test the products they buy if they are allowed to buy the product.

If a lab has a policy that they won’t test products for a consumer, I consider that a bad policy.

4 Likes

The problem with that is that labs are mandated to report all kinds of things to the government if a product fails for any reason. If you are extracting for yourself, that may come back to bite you. I agree that consumers should be able to have anything tested they want, but with the amount of variance from lab to lab, I very much doubt that there would be any validity if test results came back different from what a product was tested at that had then been recreationally sold. Which lab was wrong? are both of them wrong? How is that supposed to play out when the labs are not really regulated and have more lobbying power than any cannabis company in the biz? It’s certainly an interesting time we live in…

2 Likes

You guys are on the cutting edge of science with the extractions going on here. The analytical testing is no harder or more expensive than what everyone is already doing. Adding analytical only makes sense as you scale. It’s just not that expensive to do in house.

2 Likes

Yea anyone try this?

People on amazon

How about this one?

https://www.amazon.ca/Measurement-Digital-Analyzer-Cannabis-Marijuana/dp/B079BWXW6F

Or v9.2

1 Like