Unlicensed testing

You need an HPLC and a GC-MS. Those above are overly(useless) cheap. But finding solid used instruments isn’t tremendously more. Maybe 60K brand new top notch analytical equipment. You can find it 10 or more years old in perfect condition for a few thousand and be as precise as any lab you would go to.

2 Likes

Yo demon do those even work have you tried if that works I want it but there should be some sort of cheap test application or something nobody’s out here with some sort of computer program or something?

I have no idea. I was just posting up other options vs the mydx item.

1 Like

The sri units are nice. And can be found used, even at their site for a decent price.

1 Like

@SummerSRI is a great resource for anyone looking to get in-house analytics ramped up. Their machines are awesome, and I highly recommend both the machines and the very personable interactions with those working for the company.

4 Likes

SC Labs make you jump through a bunch of hoops if you aren’t licensed, especially if you aren’t in California. For Oregon, Evio Labs is probably your best bet, I don’t think they even ask for any type of license docs.

Damn where im at all i need is id

1 Like

And where are you at ?

Just thought I would throw this in there Walmart in the testing game too lol :joy: but hey man it sounds like it will work till says it won’t test for cbd hemp so does that count out thc I dunno :man_shrugging:t2: but here ya go my contribution lol :joy:

Just watched a couple videos on that tcheck2 up there an that really might be a very viable option for those who aren’t in recreational states or don’t have time go to lab an it ain’t that bad priced

1 Like

Ordering this tcheck2 problems solved I looked at application looks good guys for real :flushed:

Let is know how it works out. Looks like it uses UV light.

HOW ACCURATE IS TCHECK?

+/- 15% of the reading at full scale. tCheck provides the results in terms of Milligrams of botanicals per volume of liquid such as milligrams per milliliter. If your result is 15 mg/ml, then the margin of error is +/- 2.25 mg/ml. Repeatability of measurements is also within +/- 15%. Because temperature plays an important role in the accuracy of the measurement, all calibration testing is performed with the device and analyte temperatures at 75°F (24°C). Butter is calibrated at 105°F (40°C).

WHAT IS THE MEASUREMENT RANGE FOR TCHECK?

1.5–15mg/ml for decarbed material (THC / CBD) and 1.5–10mg/ml for non-decarbed material (THCa).

I want a SRI 310 GC. Around $11k new.

2 Likes

That would be for compliance testing. It isn’t accurate for R&D testing.

1. R&D testing may be requested by any individual over 21 years of age.
  2. R&D sampling may be conducted by a non-laboratory staff members.
  3. R&D results are not reported to state regulators.
  4. We are not allowed to test flower/usable marijuana for pesticides in OR for a licensee.

They probably have to be ISO 17025 accredited. A big part of that is calibration and record keeping. But yeah, labs with different results are an issue. I even asked labs about it, and they said you can expect differences between labs, but test results should be consistent with the same lab.

I like this. What are labs charging to do testing?

Any of those other pocket testers say they will check for pesticides and other contaminants? That was kind of the interesting part of the mydx. If it actually works who knows but It does claim that.

Greanleaf quoted like 65$ for potency and 185 for pesticides, r&d testing no license needed. Thanks @blackie for figuring that one out.

Devco where in oregon are you located?

45 min outside of portland

They will test Concentrates ? Any updates or results to mention from your experiences. Looks like the R&D route through SC labs seems to be the way to go for personal items.