Unfair job in MA, looking for a new gig (licensed, metric, SAP)

Ummm people who wanna be cool :sunglasses:

Working at McDonalds isnt cool

also the term living wage is unfairly ambiguous, my girlfriend lives in Mass with 1 roommate and her total cost of living is around 1800$ per month which to her minimum wage is a living wage

Shes extremely frugal cooks all her meals and has a tight budget to do this

5 Likes

Please don’t get the two of us confused- I don’t endorse sabotage or putting anybody in harms way. That’s insane and I’d never suggest it. If I was unhappy enough, I would have quit the job. Instead, I self advocated and was able to negotiate a mutually appreciable agreement with my employer. It kind of bothers me when people shut down conversations about things that are unsatisfactory- just because I wanted to vent to other professionals in the industry, does not mean that I want to cause any harm to the company or any of my coworkers. It also doesn’t mean I’m not grateful to be where I am; it’s a cool job. But…“cool” doesn’t pay the bills…work is work.

And yeah, you’re right: we are all here because of somebody else’s sacrifice. Certainly not lost on me.

4 Likes

Living wage bare minimum is 3x what a bedroom costs in your area

At 800 a bedroom you need 2400 gross a month to obtain housing.

This doesn’t include a car or insurance or healthcare so not even really living is it

I’d rather work at McDonald’s and get promoted to the assistant manager faster than the lab manager amd probably make more money.

I’m just ensuring an ethical ground is established. That’s all.

Best advice I ever heard from a tattoo artist regarding business.

“I don’t care if your idea is stupid, I don’t care if you try to under pay me, if you put cash in hand, and I agree, I will do the best stupid frustrating idea you have.”

2 Likes

Rent here is 500 per person, 2 bedrooms 1000 and 3 bedrooms 14-1500

Groceries are 75-100 a week

edit: health insurance is for sure a scam I cant argue that one lol
My health insurace for Tufts Gold was 465 a month, on silver it is around 400. I haven’t really looked into the cheapest option. 465 is absolutely insane as I still have a 50$ copay for any visit. No dental and 1 vision test per year (100$ savings)

1 Like

You have unions and worker protections nowadays due to sabotage

Let us not forget that unions were as much of the company owners idea as the workers so the workers wouldn’t go to their house and murder them

2 Likes

What’s minimum wage ?

14.25 in Mass

There are many job openings over here 16. 17.50 and I think Amazon is over 20/hr

2 Likes

What ever someone is willing to take.

What does McDonald’s pay compared to people that want lab technicians to play with dangerous solvents and break federal laws?

1 Like

Will billy only has to beat the $11 McDonald’s pays.

All that pay and they’ll still f!@# up your order.

Rent here in outskirts of Seattle, WA is 1500+ for a 1 bed, studios are $100 cheaper, and of course there are cheaper rental options at 1300 (1 bed) if you make under 60k/yr!! County minimum wage is $15/hr, gas is $5.20/gal, a lil bag of generic tortellini is $13. You guys do the math.

(I’m just complaining, I know it’s hard for everyone.)

PS. I CANNOT do roommates, don’t suggest it. Not looking for suggestions or advice xD

9 Likes

I agree, people are awful, especially in groups of close proximity.

My advice, avoid roommates.

I wanna do dishes on my terms.

Canna is a tough market, it’s one of the few products that hedged inflation (let that sink in).

So I could only imagine the sweats operating in that region is like.

My anxiety and dishes would be piling up dealing with that shit.

4 Likes

You seem to have issues with reading or living in reality

My Simple question:

Your Shitty ass response:

Basic Retort: no name calling just observation:

Giving excuses for having shit attitude:

Deflecting trying to blame other:

All Just my observation, but then again I’m just a guy who turned this into a business that will positively impact my family for generations :man_shrugging:, happy you got your pay raise :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

When all the jobless McDonald’s employees applied for cannabis jobs :neutral_face:

6 Likes

So long as we don’t lose taco bell, our munchies will be safe, I need my quesorito.

1 Like

Just open source your tek and wait for the hidden whales to offer you a sweet gig

9 Likes

The car washes will be saying the same thing about the jobless extraction technicians applying for better jobs wiping down suvs

4 Likes

Fine Fettle is cool, it’s run by the younger members of a big family. I don’t know any of their employees, but they’re focused on being a well-run company and are practical in their way of thinking about the industry (in my opinion). Not to mention they just won 1 of 6 Georgia licenses.

@TheWillBilly @broccoli I’m pretty sure you guys just misinterpreted your first comments to each other lol, no need to have another stupid 2000 post argument thread

8 Likes