Understanding waxes and lipid content in plant mateial

This ice cream cake sure is popular up here in humboldt and it really dumps waxes

I mean you can smoke anything you want? That is just how it breaks down.

2 Likes

if you have a vacuum inside the jacket there is 14.69 psi trying to get in.

Possibly, I want to tinker with this. I’ve got a procon pump that should be able to move chilled glycol between a heat exchanger but I have yet to build the parts to test it out, this would be more ideal and more useful long term

pyrethrin oils?

Ik. I’m just saying most people smoke whole flower > trim.

I’m using it as an example as you can use a pound of fresh whole flower of prime genetics, and get however many grams of extract in return to smoke from there too, Same with whole flower. Then save trim from every harvest for distillation.

1 Like

If I was growing bud again I drawer a line for the big buds along the plant…anything below went into my trim box

All trim I snipped off the tips the leaves that wasn’t covered…I took the time w.my trim and it always. Always come out the same as bud run just bud run got a lil more weight but it was exact same in nature taste smell and look

2 Likes

Handtrimming > machine trim.

2 Likes

ur test is a lil bunk though…the chart says low quality trim

It has to be the trim off the high quality bud run. And good trimmer can knock off all those leave without crystals leaving and extract that lb for lb looked smell and tasted the same. But I had top quality trim.

For the test to be accurate ud have to test the trim that come from the bud ur running ur test against… and get rid all those leaves without anything on them if u can to have more accurate extract that is almost exactly like the bud extract but the bud extract i got a lil more weight.

I had fire trim though

And to be really accurate we have to account for the strains that don’t have hardly any trichs on leaves…those strains sucked I hate…but a frosty leaf great smell strain I could make trim well worth the extracting on fire packs

Fire packs is all I ever grew though so I very lil experience w non fire…

2 Likes

Its seems quite logical that outdoor will have more waxes. Since the plant is combating several types of metabolism elicitors…

Waxes have a specific role, and pampered plants will surely produce less ID that something thay is constanlty attacked by drought and high ppFD.
So with high UV and drought cycles im guessing its possible to reproduce the wac content of an outdoor plant…

But I am a firm beliver that the content od metabolites vary depending on tge ephadic factors…

So an Alpine plant ( rocky mountain) will produce more cause of UV…

But less because it aintgonna be heatstressed.

And a mediteranian( californian plant) will produce more wax cause of heatstress and maybe a bit less on the UV account.

And then throw the afgans and ecuatorial sativas in the mix and you got a preety interesting result grown side by side.

Surely someone made comparison in cbx+terp on this thematic?

@leaders

1 Like

1-s2.0-S0379073816301153-main.pdf (1.3 MB)

Edit:
https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&q=Cultivation+effect+on+lipids+and+waxes+of+crops&btnG=#d=gs_qabs&u=%23p%3DbMCnoiHVSV8J

Edit2:

1 Like

i dunno. im new to co2 and high heat but I dunno if its producing waxes.

1 Like

Co2 should increase you carbon absorbtion and provide for more building blocks for sugars and thus all metabolites involved.

Just guessing but I would say it would have more effect on terpenophenolics and then also thr waxes thay form tricomes?

The other way would be with increased traspiration it would depent onnthe water availability of the system and then succseding in a higher/lower cuticular wax formation.

I would love someone to at least try to elucidate this subject a bit further as I am purely speculating…

co2 make the plants huge . waxes i dunno ive done all different shit and prolly filtered teh most waxes out of material in a tube and then a buchner. I used to get alot of ?wax on the paper. I dont get as much running closed loop and cold

1 Like

i hear my co2 clicking. time to change tanks.

Sure cause the stomata is open and provides more space in an enviroment that is saturated with CO2. Diffusion at work. Thus more sugar produced by the plant for them to travel in different segments of the plant.

Imo here the trick… You got to present stress elicitors to duvert the spiraling sugars into not just growing but also defending. Theres a bible on secondary metabolisn by Dave Siegler. Awsome work, highly recomendend

But this it should be seen in every plant tissue that is subjected to higher ammounts of carbon profuction.

Ever wondered if a plant on the compost pile goea crazy also cause of oCO2 emmisions from the heap?

1 Like

you sound like a covid scietist= nothing you say is proven. but im open to hear it.

1 Like

im a pot head- hopefully your are too. but you are coming acrosss like the most genius scientist but thats unlikely or youd save africa from starvaion.

1 Like

throw me a bone= im used to hps and constant exhaust. Now im semi sealed and co2 also led. with the led it seems some extra p is needed or it get purply and light green early. Any advice?

Im just the derail king bb… :rofl:

1 Like