Undercut the shortpath market! Open source and non-chinese!

Rocco quoted me 450

What is the gl fitting for on the back of the isolating single cow?

3 Likes

Was going to do 24/40? Unless we wanted something else?

1 Like

I also use HK glass , works well for what it is ! Ha also check out my fancy guage on cold trap

3 Likes

I also gave a stainless 8qt trap , it has 1/2” straight flange and as soon as I can access a tig welder it will be kf25 flange

1 Like

@coppertop To combat the sink/over shoot problem I plan on adding a 200mm Liebig condenser with an 250mm vacuum assisted Erlenmyer flask just before the cold trap.

@Poizzin I’m impressed with the thickness of the HK glass!!

3 Likes

It’s to release vacuum only from the collection flask so you can pull it and change the flask.

3 Likes

Do you just plug the cap with something or how does that work?

Where do you pull vac from on this setup with only 1 port on the cold trap

@munkdooligan found a high temp GL plug he used for his Lab Society head. I’m thinking you just plug it with that, then loosen it to release vac after screwing down the valve.

3 Likes

You’d pull vac from the output joint. It would be hooked up to a glass joint cold trap or (my plan) a 24/40 to KF25 PTFE adapter that connects to the bellow hose which connects to the cold trap which connects to the pump. KF25 fittings from the monocow to the pump.

2 Likes

@anon60420198 I plan on hooking mine up to the Erlenmyer flask.

Here’s a cap from chemglass

New Chemglass CG-196-02 Series CG-196 Solid Cap, PTFE Seal, GL-18 Thread, PBT

1 Like

My 3way adapter and recieving flasks are not installed , in the process of cleaning them

2 Likes

I just got the kf25 to 24/40 adapters , waiting on a few items more to complete

1 Like

That’s what I use, good up to 200C, which is fine by that point on your condenser. I release vacuum at the pump, I have a 4-way kf25 adapter with a release valve and my gauge attached to it.

3 Likes

Come to think off iT
See If your artist can make a double Jacketed cold trap
So the outside skin can be cooled to i think that would be verrry gooood
Instead of deasy chaining

2 Likes

Good call!

Might be hard to fit the ice around the outside? I’ll toy with the idea

Does anyone make a heating mantle/jacket for the 2 liter or half gallon mason jars?

1 Like

Sous vide on Amazon with a water bath is probably a nice option

1 Like

Careful with those fuckers. They make you think they’re up to the job of heating and then crack on you when you least expect it. Almost lost a half gallon of oleoresin trying to heat in them and lost a half gallon of solvent just pulling it from the freezer, now I strictly use them for storage and only heat or freeze borosilicate.

5 Likes