Undercut the shortpath market! Open source and non-chinese!

That listing is for $145 with shipping from china. Most US companies are getting $400+ for one of those

That’s CAD or USD? I know I definitely want one to replace my tri-receiver. Most people starting out and looking for a full-bore rig or upgrading their system to full-bore would likely be interested as well. @munkdooligan Would you be interested?

1 Like

USD. I can see if they’d knock the price down if I got a few of them ordered…

What’s a workable price? Probably 345$ or something?

Well then, I’ll tag some folks here who might be interested and see if we can do that! Because the thought of paying $800-$1,000 for ones that I’ve seen so far that are not Chinese makes me a bit nauseous.

@square_root_pharms
@Demontrich
@Killa12345
@Chimeraleaf

If nobody else is interested, I definitely still am for the price you listed above. I’ll PM you.

3 Likes

What are we buying

2 Likes

Mono-cow isolator. Trying to get it made for $350 (I’ll confirm price in a bit) if I get a few made. Canadian glass, handblown. I’ll find out lead times today as well.

2 Likes

Im actually debating selling a good portion of my short path equipment to @CBNight. Hes close to my house. Is doing this more than i am. Has way better equipment. I kinda lost interest in the short path once i found a GLG withing 30 mins from my crib and an overall cool guy. Id rather focus more on the hydrocarbon side. Ive been like 70/30 for keeping though…LOL

Not really a good portion…but my chiller/heater and 1 of 3 alcatels…haha!

His precise self is made for SPD…and my neanderthal ass is made for steel and things harder to break!

8 Likes

Id be in the market for more spd stuff

2 Likes

Pm me a list, I’ll get quotes

1 Like

I have three heating baths and all use propeller style pumps cheap and easy

1 Like

Well Sad to say won t happen with speed
I have distilled with a 24" vigreax at minute temp controlle 1 liter in 14 hours so do the math
Mains 92% not gold
Now Maybe a vigreax and a hot Condenser My do the trick but seperating all is not happening even with tedious fraqtionating

2 Likes

Hmm, good to know! I wonder if I packed the column with charcoal and bentonite pellets…

1 Like

I could be interested in that… what do you guys think the lead time is like? Would it get cheaper if we had more people buy one?

1 Like

Lead time Is 2 weeks. yeah if I can get about four of us together I think I should be able to get it at a bit of a lower price hoping 350.

I will probably be going full China for my first setup. Too cheap lol

3 Likes

2 Likes

I’ll get you a price quote :slight_smile:

I was thinking about getting a 24/40 glass cold trap, but the price on the stainless traps really isn’t bad and offers more condensing surface area. So I’m gonna get the receiver with the female outlet joint and use a PTFE 24/40 to KF25 adapter.

@tweedledew I wonder how much more it would be to throw a vacuum insulated jacket on the receiver from the first female joint to the valve? If that would help hot condenser work better… Or just throw a heat lamp on it. I guess that’s the one complaint people are having with this setup is it kind of turns into a “sink” where volatiles you’re trying to get to overshoot end up condensing. Still a huge upgrade over my tri-receiver though either way. :man_shrugging:t3: Nice to be able to easily take more than 3 fractions.

2 Likes

Hmm, I’ll see what they can do. Betcha it’ll be a pricy add-on though

1 Like

Maybe I can build the mono-cow into the short path and put it right after the hot condenser

1 Like