Turning Black iso hash into distillate

To confirm the above statement. I just ran 17 kg and after running everything through multiple soaks i still have 10.4 kg of material left which goes to show how little volume of kief actually contains the wanted compounds we are after.

Edit:
@Jamesd 10:1 is what i normally use.

1 Like

Thanks guys, it is black iso hash in brick form, and yellow tumble keif about 30 kg of each.

Thanks for the link, basically for the bricks of black iso hash i can think of it as crude already?

I wouldn’t consider it crude until you disolve it in etho, winterize and filter and then recover the etho; if it is as solid as I’m imagining it to have become, by your description.

You could try and heat some and see how that turns out. Your crude will want to be fluid in the spd.

1 Like

Okay perfect thank you very much guys, so basically im going to heat up ethanol and hash mixture to 50 to 60, throw a bit of citric acid in it mix it for 10 mins, filtir it on a vacuum to get some fats out etc, throw it in freezer for 24 hours filter it again and then rotor vap and complete the rest of the process

Does that sound about right?

It sounds close. Pretty sure there is more to a citric acid degum than you’re listing. So I’d go back and look that up if I were you. Acid in your boiling flask can lead to isomerization. You don’t want to turn that 55-60% THC into 3% THC.

Not willing to chase those links down for you on my phone

2 Likes

Okay np ill search it up thanks, i appreciate the knolwdge

what about running it through butane wouldn’t that give a better yield

I was thinking of putting it through the cls but heard that it is way better to soak it in alchohal to get everything out of it, maybe im wrong. Would be way easier to blast it into crude through the cls in my opinion. Does anyone else know?

Waswas thinking of grinding all the hash up and blasting it mixed in the shake, say like a full 6lb colum full with shake and 2 kg of black hash ground up and evenly dispersed throughought it, then soak the colum 2 or 3 times for 20 minutes with atleast 100 lb of butane through to get as much out. Does anyone else know would like to get the most finished product out of it.

Soak in alcohol, then winterize just like normal.

Okay thanks, so basically im going to heat up ethanol to 50 to 60 grind up the hash put it in slowly till dissolve, put it in bucket at 10:1 ethanol let it cool down degum it filter and winterize then continue the process…is there any recomendations on how long i should keep it in heated alchohol or just until it is dissolved, and any recomendations on if i should let it sit for a period of time before or after either deguming process or filter process before winterizing?

Heat it until all the hash dissolves, let sit for a while a room temp before filtering it to remove the bulk of the waxes, then freeze, refilter, and degum. Hit the roto, then the short path.

Okay thank you, letting it sit for a while would be 2 hours or so? I was taught to degum with citric acid then filter before winterizing and do the same after winterizing whats your thoughts on that?

I degum after winterizing, my thoughts were removal of the lipids would allow a more effective degum.

Okay percect thanks

I process a lot of kief and the best way I’ve found since more than likely there is a lot of very fine particles (below 1micron) is if your gonna degum do it after everything and do a saline wash to get rid of all the very fine plant material it tends to burn in the flask . I also use a fry oil filter setup to initially remove the bulk of the waste material otherwise you will usually need more solvent than normal and that ads a lot of extra time in the roto

3 Likes

Okay perfect thank you

Btw, i would decarb the kief in a crockpot before extraction, so you can avoid it in the oil step. It will make things easier.