Tsa check

Going to Oregon for a consultation for the weekend and I’m bring some 3/8 hoses with me that smell like oil.

Do you think the tsa will take them??

2 Likes

I don’t know where your leaving from but flying around the Pacific NW is no problem, you can bring flowers, oil, edibles, whatever you want as long as you don’t have more than an ounce flower, 5 grams oil, 1lb of edibles.

Haven’t tried flying with hoses, shouldn’t be a problem as they don’t have dogs searching for marijuana. If the hose has less than 5 grams of oil on it, it’s legal.

4 Likes

Try to wrap them in something maybe to conceal the smell a bit but you should be fine either way. They don’t go around sniffing the bags, they just watch them go through the scanner and seeing some hose in your bag won’t trigger them. I’ve flown multiple times with an oz+ of flower and concentrates

So I’m bringing 5- 5’ hoses and I’m checking it because I’m concerned security will tell me I’m crazy for trying to bring 25’ of 3/8 stainless steel hoses through my carry on

3 Likes

I’ve flown with lots of product lots of times. I just need these hoses for the job. Hence me double checking with you all

3 Likes

They see people flying with crazy shit all the time so I think you’ll be good with some steel hose but its ultimately up to the tsa agent you deal with. I flew with my double kick pedal (drum equipment) in my carry on and got stopped at only 1 of the 4 airports I was in. The kick pedal is essentially just some metal plates and rods but the one guy said it looked like a “machine gun” in the scanner. I would say just pack it in a way that makes it obvious its just hosing and don’t have anything else flag-worthy in the bag.

i have flown with a few hundred feet of rigging cable as my carry on before and wasnt hassled, i doubt they will care about some hoses.

I would still probably check them for convenience though.

1 Like

You can check guns… you’ll be fine with a hose.

5 Likes

You’re good

1 Like

I honestly would just mail the hoses after vac sealing them. That probably looks really sketch trying to take a bunch of high pressure hoses on a plane.

4 Likes

You should see my bags when I fly dude.

8 Likes

Got through security without issue. Waiting at the gate with my “boat load” of stainless.

12 Likes

I’ve taken a crc, a bizzybee 6" site glass, and a sintered disc all seperate times and I haven’t heard anything.

4 Likes

I’ve taken a bunch of weed and drugs bro you’re gonna be a ok lol

6 Likes

I guess I’m just a big ole wuss. Been fucked with by pigs and authorities one too many times.

4 Likes

Trying to fly from Orgeon back home to Cali they stopped my “bag” (actually a box) immediately and made me ship the vacuum pump inside home because it had residue of hydraulic fluid in it. I swore up and down that it was only high Purity mineral oil but they still wouldn’t let me fly with it

1 Like

It’s PTSD brother. It is stress from horrible past experiences. You are not alone.

2 Likes

I hear you, and TSA doesn’t give a shit unless it looks like a bomb.

I’ve had 5 agencies examine my water bottle at OAK, 'cause I’m I dumb fuck and strapped a cell phone, two 18650’s, and my vape pen to something that the bomb defusal expert referred to as “nice art”… I’ve hauled all sorts of weird shit. and cannibis just isn’t an issue.

a month later he offered to show me what it looked like on the x-ray, but I couldn’t give him a date, and he saw all kinds of shit…

edit: I stopped hauling said vape pen, but it has also been confused with a trigger. they’ve offered me private screening more often than I can count :rofl:

4 Likes

@FicklePickle; you good babe, hoses is not an issue.

2 Likes

My man lol