Tsa check

The FBI once showed up at my fathers front door demanding to know why someone would be shipping him plastic explosives and drugs via them post.

This was the 1970s, and my dad was well known in town as being a mad hippy- he had no idea what to think of the event as he just denied any knowledge of thisC, they accused him of plotting to blow up a bridge.

A few months later one of his artists friends called him and asked him if he ever received the package he sent.

No he hadn’t, what was it?

Well his friend had been smoking a joint of some pretty heady stuff and he wanted to surprise my dad with a gift so the guy had the idea to just take the entire tabletops worth of clutter and carefully pack it away, a little statue, some batteries, a clock, a slice of blueberry pie, and on top of this all he put a fat little doobie.

The cops had sent the pie into the explosives lab and were convinced it was plastic explosives.

14 Likes

I need more friends like this

2 Likes

Never carry on tungsten for heli arc welding. You will sit in TSA for a day trying to explain.

2 Likes

Was it thoriated? They dont like that at my work because of the radiation…but we be sensitive to that there…

I’m curious at to why they didn’t like the tungsten.

1 Like

2% thoriated and sharpened, about 10 of them in a copper pipe with caps used as a carrying holder. My coworker was bringing his welding/QA bag with him as we were traveling for a job.

2 Likes

Was the issue because it was thoriated or because they thought they were high mass blow gun darts?

There is so much radiation exposure when flying it must have been because they thought you were going to take over the plane with those 3/32 4" long pointy things lol

Just dont carry on any tools longer than 7". I’ve missed a few flights tryna go back to check tools (and a vac manifold once) that were longer than 7" and they give 3 options - give it away to tsa, go mail it, go check it. I have once talked my way thru not having to go back to check something. Drugs, they dont care. Any organics in over 2oz amounts, just put on the belt as “food”

1 Like

flying to florida next week and was wondering if anyone had advice for bringing flower? just like an 8er?

Put in your luggage and not worry about it. They certainly have more important things then to worry about an 1/8. I start to worry about having 1.5-2oz in my luggage.

2 Likes

Breaking laws is unethical, this is not the corporate way :place_of_worship:

6 Likes

Ok, nark. :rofl:

@BrotanicalMatt

EDIT: “narc”

ABBR. for “narcotics officer”

3 Likes