Trying to thicken up hash rosin

Hey, first post, tried finding an answer in search and couldn’t. So I had some fresh frozen washed it into bubble (no freeze drier) than pressed it into hash rosin, (possibly a day too early I think?)… Anyway now I have a dank smelling product with nice color but it’s been 4 days and I can’t get it to thicken up at all… And it still has a kind of freshish smell I can’t seem to get out of it (almost like the smell of the wash, this is what makes me think I may have been early pressing the patty and it may have had some moisture in the middle)…any suggestions?

So what did you search for?

What are you trying to remove?
How is that generally achieved?

How should you have removed it (before pressing)?

Would the same tool work now?

(It would, you don’t have it. Now what?!?)

1 Like

Looked over all the topics under the solvent less thread, the hash and the extraction thread and the pre-post production areas of hash and stuff category, the rest didn’t seem applicable… thread just plain searched the terms hash rosin or just hash along with cure or jar or thicken or texture…

Aside from the first one I don’t know the answer to your above questions or I wouldn’t have come here… Thanks for the help

Yes you do.
Except for the last one.
You stated the answers.

You know it’s Water!
Did you search for getting that gone?

1 Like

Maybe I suck at this…

Maybe you should suck on that?

Point is you know it’s water, you know that vacuum drying your input was the correct solution, and if you think about it you know the correct search term to learn more about the problem.

Problem is you don’t have vac.

Ya i was searching it in between your messages, and I’m aware I don’t have a freeze drier, that’s what I’m wondering is there another way… And more what I meant was I didn’t know what you were getting at…

And ya I get lost in the philosophical

I guess if it make slife easier and get me the info I need I’ll rephraseb is there anyway to get water out of hash rosin without a freezdryer?

I have an old shatter vac vaccume chamber? Could that be of use?

1 Like

Ya see I couldn’t find that article earlier… That would been handy

1 Like

You knew it was water and didn’t search for “removing water” is my point.

Search query’s can be hard if you don’t know what you’re looking for.

That’s why I post ones that work

You did know.

And yes. Suck on it!!!

Thanks

(Assuming the above link worked)

Am I reading that post right that I am able to use little vac chamber just keep it round -15 to - 20hg etc?

It’s a lot of sciency words in this thread I don’t quite understand fully lol

Dry ice sublimation

1 Like

Don’t think this will work w rosin… But idk

What is Dry ice sublimation? how does it work? What tools would I need? I tried searching it and googleing it but I have no idea what most of what I’m reading means. (i’m a guy in his basement with a bubble washer, a rosin press, a deep freeze, and a shatter vac… like the old school slow cooker looking ones lol) so if dry ice sublimation isn’t possible for me you can just say that too lol I can take it