Trying to save costs

Just tested heptane and it worked perfect, next step is to design a cls to hook it up to to show itll work with the light hydro carbons (if heptane worked im 100% confident propane and butane will work as good if not better)

2 Likes

Your cls better blow my mind…

Or I’m going to be disappointed.

Edit: actually im still bummed on the summit cls drop. Make me stoked again.

3 Likes

Have you seen my old CLS on my IG?

Nothing super impressive but it worked

I need to add another collection vessel so I can dewax then push the dewaxed product into a clean vessel where ill use a different set of membranes to remove the solvent

2 Likes

I haven’t, I’m not on IG anymore either…

Out of likes but, bad ass! Can’t wait to see it. (Being serious)

So after the membrane system it would go into a honeypot (kind of like bhogart does) for the final portion of solvent recovery?

Or would it go into a falling film? (The more I think about it the more I like this option…)

Tbh, this has me more hyped than anything else on the forum right now lol

Thank you

2 Likes

So I’m thinking you’ll have your extraction column which will go into 1 honey pot ( this is the dirty honey pot) and then the membrane will recirculate that and whatever makes it though will go into the clean honey pot (the stuff that makes it though is the cannabinoids, solvent and terpenes, all the stuff you dont want stays behind in the dirty pot which you can drain and throw away later) if you wanted you could have a crc before the 2nd honey pot (putting the crc after the membrane will make the crc last 10x longer)

The second honey pot would be recirculated till no more solvent permeates the membrane then recovery is done you drain the clean honey pot and start over

You could also add a terpene seperation membrane if you wanted, you’d do this before the solvent recovery step

Without the terpene seperation step your terpenes will be in the second honey pot with the cannabinoids, if you wanted to you could put a 3rd honey pot and use a membrane that’ll only let terpenes and solvent through so you’d have your left over winterization crap in the first pot, your cannabinoids in the second and in the third would be straight terpenes…

I’ve put alot of thought into this

2 Likes

Can’t you do color remediation with the membrane as well? No powders needed?

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CIencWfD9Io/?igshid=3nrx8q5ryjv

Here’s warm ethanol extract being color remediated and winterized (this was live on IG a month ago)

Crazy color removal

I think you’ll just need a carbon filter after for straight yellow crude

Carotenoids are what are making it yellow/orange

1 Like

What’s the smallest filter size you can get to play with? What solvent ratio do you think you’d need to run with for butane through the membranes?

1 Like

The test membranes we use are 12 inches long by 1.8 inches in diameter (id recommend starting with a 2540 which is 40 inches long by 2.5 inches in diameter)

Anything above 3:1 will work fine (you will need to use solvent to push the cannabinoids through the membrane depending on your dilution ratio, remember as cannabinoids and solvent permeate the membrane its removing solvent from the portion youre filtering)

1 Like

I’m more interested in the idea of true inline Dewax and color remediation, maybe terp seperation. What kind of pressures would be needed to push through the membranes?

1 Like

200 psi +

You need a special high pressure pump

Something like this perhaps? https://www.corken.com/turbine_pump_lpg

I have a hydracell pump on my skid.

2 Likes

what compamy made your skid? @thesk8nmidget

No clue, it was a china made skid with some US sourced parts.

Your using membranes with propane/butane?

No, we have used only used it for methanol.

2 Likes

are you using one of the evonik 1812’s for your test membrane? I’m trying to find some cheaper membranes that will work for a bootstrap bench build (havent decided on ethanol or hydrocarbon yet) but a process engineer I know in the membrane industry doesn’t know of any that will work other than theirs.

Things amazing no more dry ice but for shortpath thank god

no more garage, no more house…

do you not get that neither the chiller nor the heated circulator you’ve got in your extraction room are safe to have in there?

see: Through wall plumbing for C1d1 ideas

4 Likes