Trying to clean up some dirty crude (no luck)

dam that looks great! care sharing with me that buchner set up? i also tried searching for green grinch didn’t see the thread … your celite bed looks much thicker than mine

i winterized again and small minimal amount of waxes but i think i could of done it one more time. i roto evaped it

still dark but very thick. what do you guys think? should i try lighten it up before SPD?

This still suspended in alcohol?

you heating your AC?

1 Like

What brand of AC did you use?

Do you have access to dry ice?

1 Like

Green grinch

Yes, warm etoh ac scrub.

2" celite bed as reccomend

Etoh before spd

After about 3 months carbon scrub won’t leave a visual difference. It will however leave a chemical change so its good. Don’t worry if you don’t see a difference. Also it’s because the heptane tends to dissolve plat dyes more than alcohol in solute

1 Like

T5 won’t so much but take THC and make it acid and cause some isomerization. Carbon is 100x more effective.

1 Like

Sometimes i didnt this time

1 Like

Dude when you buy bottom barrel products you get bottom barrel results. I can tell you both those should look slightly different for the good stuff…

3 Likes

Where would u suggest purchasing clay and carbon?

Name brand stuff works best.

I’m bias. I like achromatizing clay over anything else. Shoot me.

1 Like

Ok well can I get a source plz? I’ve been buying this cheap shit and would lo e to upgrade after i burn through the rest of these bags.

When I search green grinch, the only threads that come up are other times you mentioned to search green grinch.

Nevermind, I see its the Panda spin thread

1 Like

T41 only has a small amount of activated carbon in it. Get some pure activated carbon from a good supplier and try. I like carbon chemistries hardwood carbon.

2 Likes

@Killa12345 has the powders. Hit him up

1 Like

Late reply guys does this look normal for a first pass of winterization?

Looks fucked up to me, but it’s hard to tell without some data. If I saw the biomass COA, and knew your extraction SOP, I might be able to tell for sure. Looks too dark. My filters typically are a shade of green. That has a burnt look to it. Is that from a small Buchner? My experience is in producing about 1500 liters a month so I like to make my filters last a long time. So I don’t make them work too hard. Filters get expensive for big lenticulars. Try settling your solute for 12-24 hours and racking off the top. Let gravity act like a centrifuge. With all the sediment on the bottom, the solute more freely flows through the filter. I recommend settling, filtering and then repeating, all at temps below -35C. Your solute will be super clean and your filters will be cleaner which means they last longer!

3 Likes