Trying to clean up some dirty crude (no luck)

Where would u suggest purchasing clay and carbon?

Name brand stuff works best.

I’m bias. I like achromatizing clay over anything else. Shoot me.

1 Like

Ok well can I get a source plz? I’ve been buying this cheap shit and would lo e to upgrade after i burn through the rest of these bags.

When I search green grinch, the only threads that come up are other times you mentioned to search green grinch.

Nevermind, I see its the Panda spin thread

1 Like

T41 only has a small amount of activated carbon in it. Get some pure activated carbon from a good supplier and try. I like carbon chemistries hardwood carbon.

2 Likes

@Killa12345 has the powders. Hit him up

1 Like

Late reply guys does this look normal for a first pass of winterization?

Looks fucked up to me, but it’s hard to tell without some data. If I saw the biomass COA, and knew your extraction SOP, I might be able to tell for sure. Looks too dark. My filters typically are a shade of green. That has a burnt look to it. Is that from a small Buchner? My experience is in producing about 1500 liters a month so I like to make my filters last a long time. So I don’t make them work too hard. Filters get expensive for big lenticulars. Try settling your solute for 12-24 hours and racking off the top. Let gravity act like a centrifuge. With all the sediment on the bottom, the solute more freely flows through the filter. I recommend settling, filtering and then repeating, all at temps below -35C. Your solute will be super clean and your filters will be cleaner which means they last longer!

3 Likes

I would guess it was extracted with iso ag room temp, looks like chlorophyll ive had before from people basically making rso.

3 Likes

Try this
10:1 room temp (+78*f) etoh to crude
Mix well
Freeze or cryo as cold as possible
Set up buchner funnel (celite 545, AC, 200 grit AO)
Vac filter, you may need to to 2x runs this way.

Should give clean etoh crude
Roto next

If I’m off base, so be it. Edible kicked in a bit ago. TV time now.

4 Likes

Filter with bentonite clay. Sand then bentonite, then sand. The solute should come out almost clear and slightly yellow. Repeat.

I also use CarbonChemistry activated hardwood carbon. It’s magic.

1 Like

i winterized 3 times. but still dark but no waxes really . i don’t have any of those things at the moment. do i need to do all of that if I’m putting it into my SPD?

Ac for color
Ao for lipid and wax removal
Celite to stop above finea from passing thru.

Just decarb and purge before spd.

All my crude is that color pre spd. Light gold yellow after spd as long as microns are sub 190

2 Likes

Do you have pics and SOP that you’re using? I’m sure its something simple that’s being overlooked.

1 Like

Let it settle for 24 hours. Rack it from the top. Don’t suck up the sediment on the bottom. Process that later.

1 Like