Truffly made depositor with hard candy

Does anyone here make hard candy?
do you use a depositor?
Any advice on temps to heat the hopper with minimal caramelizing?
Ive been making infused hard candies for a few months now and just purchased a depositor to play with for gummies but i also want to use it to make my hard candy production take less time.
I know everyone here holds their SOPs very tightly, but does anyone have any advice? i have a recipe and i have some ideas that may work, just hoping for some adivce from people who have experience already!
Thank you in advance!

2 Likes

Hi JoJoAGoGo,
I am working on the same exact thing.
We make tons of gummies and use an LST Depositor.
Work great for those.
This depositor is not working well with the hard candy …yet.
Freezes up I think due to the nozzles not being hot enough…I think.
The Instructions say to heat system to 128C. Did that but still locking it up during deposits. Heck of a chore to clean up after that.
I hope someone can share a trick or two.

3 Likes

Did you guys ever find a solution for this problem? We are experiencing the same thing. Just like @opsmike opsmike is saying, we’re experiencing candy making it’s way into the piston set up. I am wondering if thicker Orings may remedy the situation…we are also contemplating buying some heat wrap and trying to weave that through the dispensing nozzle set up.

We are running the 6L trufflymade candy depositor. Hopeful you guys found a solution.

i never found a good solution, i went throuh so many of the little white rubber pieces that go into the pistons. i do think that my balls were sticking alot and causing some of this issue, i now make sure that the balls are not sticky( i used to use silicone grease on them but now i find a silicone spray works better) before i use my depositor. I only make gummies with the depositor now, but i would like to fix the problem and make hard candy again some day.

1 Like

We tried using hot (350F) sunflower oil to flush the remaining candy out, with limited success. Once that candy makes it’s way into the piston…it seems like it’s game over. That’s discouraging to hear you didn’t find a solution. Hopefully someone else comes across this post with some input! For a 12,000$ depositor, I feel there are some design flaws to say the least.

Yes, one of our clients also bought LST and have same problem “not working well”. Finally, we have to use the method of pouring & scrape, by this way is faster and can save a lot of deposit cost.

Just look up any hard candy making videos on youtube and you will quickly find that a mold with hard candies is not the right route.

The lst depositor is made for gummies and chocolates not hard candies.

Ive had my lst for over 3 years now and have had great success making gummies with it. Flood and scrape is not the way for large scale gummy production especially with those thick molds which are a bitch to pop