Trs21 vs cmep vs passive

Hey, I forgot to mention there is a new CMEP-710 coming out. It looks epic. I will have one of the first machines.

1 Like

6 Likes

Whatā€™s the info on the cmep710?
Specs? Recovery rate?

The 220v, 5hp model will do 15cfm. There will also be a 3hp option for 110v that wont move as quickly.
Other than that, stats are still pretty vague. I have asked for more information, but they are keeping quiet for now. I will have one of the first machines and will have one of my clients testing it out.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s the current cmepol cfm rating

Did they give an estimated price on the 220v unit yet?

could you point me in the right direction towards a few tricks on a rebuild? I love my cmep and its time to replace the bearings, it runs pretty flawless until i start to get down to close to 0 psi in my columns and makes a shreaking sound. the only thing i can see is on youtube and its pretty vague along with the ecogreeen video which doesnt show me how to change the bearings.

not yet.

I PMā€™d you

1 Like

The motor may be, that doesnā€™t mean the whole appliance is. I can put together an appliance composed of individual UL listed parts and not have a UL listed appliance, or a UL certifiable panel (because I am not part of a UL 508a panel shop). Canā€™t speak to gen 2/3 but Gen 1 does not have a UL sticker on the control panel or on the outer skin. Again canā€™t speak gen 2/3 but the cord arrangement on gen 1 units is NOT certifiable for an actual hazloc site either C1D1 or C1D2, unless you rip cord and gland out and replace with the proper hazloc components from Appleton or a comparable supplier.

Have not heard this before, got a source? Ecogreens website says their bearings are packed with a ā€œspecialized PTFE greaseā€ see here https://ecogreenindustries.com/product/bearing-s6908hc/

What exactly do you think is ā€œcustom madeā€ about this bearing?

1 HP = 746 watts
3 HP = 746 watts x 3 = 2238 watts
A = W/V
A = 2238/110 = 20.34 Amps
This is why 3 HP motors donā€™t go on 110V circuits. Many claiming to be ā€œ3 HPā€ are compressor motors rated by lying liars that base their HP rating on startup amp draw, instead of power consumption when running and driving 3 HP worth of load.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve done business with eco numerous times but havenā€™t been up that way in a while. I will say this. The team that works on those pumps have rebuilt more cmeps than i think anybody here. They are all certified and they knowledge drop if you ask. They are in loops with a few industry leaders on here . I would be safe to assume that if itā€™s custom than they are more efficient or reliable than the current ones on the market.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think @RobSpear was talking about the Ecogreen ones since Ecogreens website indicates PTFE grease and heā€™s claiming that their operating temps will vaporize PTFE grease, the ā€œcustomā€ bearings he was referring to were the factory fitted ones not Ecogreens aftermarket ones though I have no idea what his idea of ā€œcustomā€ is or who is supplying Ecogreen with these bearings

I knew i forgot something in that post. I was going to add if its custom than they probably designed them. Endless hours doing pumps im betting they thought and tried a few things

The CMEP is UL listed. If you have information that says it is not, please post it. Otherwise please stop spreading misinformation. The CMEPā€™s are a class 1 explosion proof design.

ptfe grease vaporizing: read the packaging. The only ptfe grease I know of that has a high enough temperature range is Krytox and that is under 150Āŗ of headroom from the operating temps of the CMEP. I know that there are other ptfe greases out there that people are using that do not work at the temps of the CMEP.

6908HC bearing: It is custom because that it is specā€™d by CM Refrigeration to me made a certain way through NSK for use in these pumps. It is why the factory bearing lasts longer than anything else. It is a high temp bearing, with high temp grease, that is intended to work in hydrocarbon environments. ~Eco-green might not be a factory authorized repair center. They would not be contractually allowed to use any other bearing than factory OEM if they were factory authorized, and recommended. It says so in the contract you have to sign to become a recommended service center for CM Refrigeration.

3hp motor, that design has not been sent to me. You info may be correct, but so far you have supplied other information that leads me to think you donā€™t know completely what you are talking about. This is not my specialty. The only machine that is been designed so far, for sure, is a 5hp. They mentioned a possibility of a 3hp. model. I have zero specā€™s on the 3hp. I have only been sent information on the 5hp model.

peace.

1 Like

The motor in your CMEP may be UL listed, the whole appliance (at least for the gen 1 models) is not. But donā€™t take my word for it, call a UL 508a certified panel shop and ask them if the UL sticker on a motor means the whole appliance is UL listed, theyā€™ll tell you the same thing I just did.

The unit itself might be ATEX/EX rated but anyone with half a clue will recognize that the cord design as manufactured (again, at least the Gen 1 units) is not sufficient protection to be appropriate in a C1D1/C1D2 zone. Again, you donā€™t have to take my word for it, call a professional EE or someone who works with code compliance on hazardous location booths if you doubt it.

The label on a grease container doesnā€™t tell me what the internal crankcase temps of a CMEP pump are, Iā€™m curious where you got that information. Your claim of working temps that vaporize PTFE grease have me skeptical, Iā€™m not going to lie.

3 HP on a 220V circuit is not a problem, an actual 3 HP motor will pull over 20 amps on a 110V circuit and that is a is a problem, especially given the amp draw of an electric motor when it has to overcome static friction on startup. I donā€™t condone the use of regular household plugs and receptacles in a hazardous environment but Iā€™m fully aware that is what many shops choose to use in spite of code requirements (and common sense). Even heavy duty receptacles are only good for 20 amps on a 110V circuit.

2 Likes

actually you are wrong again. Pumps are not supplied with a plug, you claim they are, again, you are incorrect.

Grease: dude, its called an M.S.D. Read it. I have.

Look, I have realized that you are an industry ā€œknow it allā€. You have stated several facts that are incorrect. You keep trying to defend your statements, and I no longer with to try and debate with you. Peace out. .

2 Likes

1 Like

A minimum 5hp compressor on 3-P power 208-480V

A pressure regulator, oil/water separator for compressor with float valve or timed solenoid for drainage, several step down filters for air supply.

1 Like

I know you have a hard on trying to prove me wrong, but I never said they were supplied with a plug what I actually said was:

Didnā€™t argue the operating specs of the grease, I asked where you got the temp range youā€™re claiming for internals of the pump.

Still have these?