Tried some CRC Shatter...Tastes like VIck's Vap-o-rub. What gives?

Lol right? Im sure the same people will eat hotdogs and chicken tenders also lol and then complain about crc and disty

6 Likes

Most CRC products seem to be from trim and I am curious if these people were trying CRC trim or nug run? I am quite curious - are these consumers people who regularly dab trim slabs?

The majority of consumers have inflated opinions of what should and shouldn’t happen with little to no experience in the industry. The connoisseur market and its consumers are great at taking dabs and flipping packs but the fact of the matter is that the R in CRC stands for “remediation” which means taking an inferior product and making it better.

Obviously people who regularly smoke higher end concentrates will not enjoy trim runs - whether crc’ed or not.

Especially in legal markets where cutting costs is necessary - CRC is a relatively inexpensive method to ensure a higher quality product with things like trim run while still ebing able to keep costs down for the consumer. As long as we aren’t pushing these as top shelf slabs, I don’t understand their concern.

3 Likes

50-80 now

1 Like

I’ve asked around quite a bit and shopped at all my favorite spots, which all now offer some form of crc. Both the budtenders and the owners seem to all share a similar experience. Ther terpene profile is strange and the “Vick’s” term seems to come up all the time. It’s a tek in its infancy right now, and maybe it has a promising future. But as of now I’m gonna stay away and stick with cannabis that was grown proper.

1 Like

I personally couldn’t tell the difference between my nug runs and trim, with the exception of yield. Assuming parameters are tight on extraction and the trim is proper hand trim which has been stored properly.

1 Like

Don’t want to res. An old thread but I recently ran some CRC, B80 only and in the vape pen it doesn’t taste bad, but in a rig tastes minty I’ve resorted to adding terps before pouring and purging to circumvent this

On a side note I’ve run the same material with less media and the Vick’s scent is gone, so I’ll chalk it up to too much media per material , hope this helps someone :ok_hand:t4:

5 Likes

How much media are you using per lb

I ran just alumina and got the Vick’s smell

1 Like

~5-600g, I use 2 scoops of a little sand scooper, I’ve never played with alumina, did you use around the same amount of media ? Material was tiny popcorn flowers, i felt was pulled way too early

Nvr had a vics smell but i have nvr ran b80 either. And i typically runs decent material.

1 Like

They are terpenes that have gotten too hot. They seem to go to that vicks smell once exposed to a high enough temperature. Maybe they tried to introduce terps or terpenes left got hot and that’s what you got.

Ive gotten vicks when running cbd and thc disty/crude in the crc, i think the moisture has something to do with it, for me its kinda like mint on the frontend and pinesol on the back end of the nose

6 Likes

@stinkytrees @Thetetraguy

I have some black market “cake batter” that seems CRC’d. It has this scent but not at all in the taste. The taste is completely cheese.

I found a cheese synthetic terpene blend and among many terps it contains camphene.

Last concentrates I buy. Sticking to good ol homemade rosin.

(My state is legal but no dispensary yet, I will prob try dispensary concentrates when they exist.)

It’s the Camphor terpene. They’re more noticeable once certain compounds are stripped (crc)

1 Like

Bruh thats just our mint choka choka chip terps we extract from Ben and Jerry’s

3 Likes

Bro i just got sum 1 G badder and I g of cured resin from this dispensary in traverse city Michigan. Both Crystaline Diamonds that smell like Vics vapor rub. I thought I was crazy…I tried to send y’all a picture but it won’t let me.

The strain Mr.Nice guy gives off the craziest gassy terp profile I have ever experienced. It naturally smells and tasted like petroleum jelly in extracted form.