Tricks of the trade

Wrong man. We always called our folded/twisted parchment sheets ‘boats’. What did everyone else call them?

Speaking of boats-- ELPT(extractor life pro tip… reddit reference)

For fucking years my guys folded parchment one sheet at a time… using a sharpie to press down the creases.

We were making like 20 15 boats a run… 9 runs a day minimu.minimum… I finally tested out folding and creasing 3and 4 sheets at once and creasing them. It works fine. You obviously still have to separate them and twist corners individually though. But it cut the total time down significantly.

3 Likes

Most memorable poster for me growing up was in the high school weight room.

Probably in part because my coach fucking drilled this into our heads. But… it’s true… everyday you literally are either improving your self, your business, your relationship… or it is getting worse. Nothing stays exactly the same in real life.

On days I’m not feeling particularly motivated… I try and think ‘what’s one or two easy things that will make one of those categories better’

9 Likes

Look we have a problem with Montel 'round these parts

2 Likes

Trim acquisition tip… if your volume justifies it. (Cross posted)

We had a white 2500 with a 5th wheel 20ish foot landscape trailer both with logos matching a real
, state wide, landscape and tree removal company with a diff website and burner phone for trim pick ups. I stumbled into an epic group of older ladies. Hippies in their day, but not spun out in their later years. They handled all the driving for trim and sales to LA. Made about a grand a day driving… but didn’t try and grt $10 per pound of trim or $x per pound of oil. (Even paying $5 a p on trim when sourcing 2k pounds was insane for drivers. And we did that shit for a long time) and were sober. Without criminal records In the last ~25 years… and loved to start their day at 5am.

I decked that trailer out like an indoor grow. In the shelf above the 5th wheel hitch I enclosed a Honda 3000si (or whatever the red, quiet generators were called) and routed the exhaust out the roof. Installed an 8" duct fan routed through one of the old school heavy as fuck 4’ tall charcoal filters from a grow I once had. The fan created negative pressure… and only blew out clean smelling air through a separate roof vent. Just so there was never an chance that trailer was emitting shitlosds of weed odor at the gas station or stuck in traffic on the highway.

Also had some nice hooks to hang a fish scale from right st thr entrance. Clipboard on the wall with a pen roped to it… for tracking exactly what came in…AND OUT… because that double checking was key.

Staff weigh every bag in and out of the trailer and inspects the TOP AND BOTTOM of every bag for uniformity. So nobody slips some garbage in the bottom half of the bag. And so nobody calls you later saying you ended up with too much/or you realize you got shorted.

3 Likes

Trim storage/inventory tip… if yiur volume justifies it.

Started buying the shiny metallic paint markers from uline. They’re the best for writing on trash bags.

Every bag entering the trailer had 4 things on it.(all this was written on OPPOSING SIDES of the bag. Because moving around bags sucks. And your skin getting raw from opening and closing so many sucked too. Weight@price, strain abbreviation, source/farm initials and a grade/harvest date. The grade was a letter. A-F. Date was written. As simple as possible.

So some gelato(…never run Gelato. Inherently dark end product regardless of freshness and the nose doesn’t translate well to oil)… I digress. “22@105 GEL KF B101522”

Meant 22p Gelato @$105 from kush farms. Grade B harvested 10/15/22.

This should be on BOTH sides. So yiu can select shit for large blends without opening bags to inspect. And see what’s in stock without digging through/spinning around lots of bags.

All this is valuable so when the person records what goes into a blend you can establish average price per pound and general material quality/age to base your crc off. Cross referencing other batches from the same farms to base your initial predictions off of crc wise.

Then run a test batch of the given material to dial in crc ratios.

And after all that… you outfit a grain silo with augur and screw conveyors so you can mix 5k pounds at once.

7 Likes

We used paint pens, every color you could find.

1 Like

Haven’t tried it yet but these look like they would be fun for the vacuum pumps.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLOp3Oe

Says 20"

The flat one is 20$ the indented one is 25$ both free shipping not really 6$ just saving you all some time.

1 Like

Signing off.

When someone you thought you had built community with is someone who intentionally leads you down the wrong path so you will not experience success…then that community is not for me.

My tip here is to be like water, let your energy flow elsewhere. My energy is not needed here and wanted elsewhere. I realized yesterday a member had fed me a bunch of misinformation because they were intimidated by my potential success. Huh. Weird. This isn’t where my energy belongs.

I wish you all well upon your respective journeys.

35 Likes

I love you Brother, and I’m sorry people are people.

It’s sad to see people that preach the philosophy of leveling each other up, but will quickly step on your head if they think there a possibility of you being successful. Some really do live by that philosophy, however most will directly give bad information. Not sure why that happens however it’s a trend with some people around here.
Still love you all, but my Brother does not deserve to waste his precious time on information that is completely wrong. Trust me, him and I have spoke and the info given by a “trusted” person was totally fucked.

But anyway have a great Sunday!

8 Likes

We got audio on that shit too.

8 Likes

You are a amazing craftsman, don’t let the douche bags fuck with your flow. Keep that head up.

9 Likes

Damn sounds like I missed out on some lore

Best of luck twisted :purple_heart: keep flowing

3 Likes

@soxhlet can u dm me? Im curious how much a particular unit i have in mind would cost to fabricate

1 Like

Damn, no reveal on the way out at least?

For the community?

5 Likes

We clean our crc column by venting gas in properly ventilated room and use a air operated shop vac. 139.00 bucks

10 Likes

That’s badass

1 Like

What in the holy fuck
Sorry to see you go, and karma gonna get that bitch

2 Likes

Do you have any issues with static?

I’ve vacuumed dry silica I spilled, and I was shocked (pun intended) by how much static built up in the shop vacuum line as it was vacuumed up.

Love how that thing looks (and we have the right air compressor for it) but static in the C1D1 booth gives me at least an 9 on the pucker factor scale.

5 Likes

You can get a vac that has a static dissipative hose. I used to do this to suck up powders into my fluid bed dryer - so different compared to an ungrounded hose. Hose is a bit more robust as well - easier to clean and what not.

Like this one - https://www.grainger.com/product/53UE41

8 Likes

I have not had any issues or noticed static electricity I am definitely gonna grab a static proof hose for vac, that’s a great idea.

1 Like