Tricks of the trade

I kept trying to figure out a good way to store these 25kg b80 paper bags. Turns out the 10 gal drink coolers hold a 25kg bag of b80 like a glove. The tight Fitting lid keeps dust down and moisture out.

12 Likes

Got that big bidnez, top shelf, temp monitoring system for my recovery side. Measure water out of the system and in the accumulator. The pump doesnt like to get too hot.

7 Likes

I’ve been using 2 ton chiller and a old 50 gallon water heater to cool 12k in a sealed room. Works great and cost per gram is way lower than traditional ac

9 Likes

Explain that set up again, please.

4 Likes

Nice ! It’s a shame more people dont use water cooling

2 Likes

What? 2 tons to cool 12k?? Yes, pls explain @Onceovertwice very cool…

3 Likes

I wanna see pics

1 Like

Its all down to if you have a water source as a heat exchange. Like a swimming pool / lake / river.

4 Likes

Maybe they have the water heater as the resivoir and the chiller is cycling water through it?

Only thing I can think of.

3 Likes

@Izambard_K_Brunel can u link some more info pls??

1 Like

I’m assuming this is what he’s referring to? The theory anyway.

5 Likes

Here’s some info on swamp coolers that use evaporative cooling instead of vapor compression refrigeration (same principle as cooling towers):

I’m sure the clever people could figure out how to use it with an additional search term: chilled water fan coil units

5 Likes

I posted some pics of equipment i was removing from a room, a little further up the thread. Umm i dont really have pics of the system as such because it was all plumbed into the swimming pool.
The pool pumps water to the air con unit and then its returned back to the pool. I also had a pool chiller to maintain the pool temp.

5 Likes

I’ve heard of people doing it with ground/river/pond water pretty often, and seen people use abandoned wells as a makeshift geothermal heat exchanger, but I’ve never seen a pool used. No issues with the chlorine?

2 Likes

@The_Lone_Stiller did that work ? can you click and see the picks if you click my name in the top right of the reply ?

2 Likes

Thanks guys interesting

3 Likes

It did thank @Izambard_K_Brunel

2 Likes

Water to Air Heat Exchangers ftw! Quite common in Canada for grow room cooling. I believe was huge in Vancouver before they started metering the water supply. Folks would just hook up the exchanger to their taps and get free cooling.

6 Likes

that is cool … excuse the pun lolo

1 Like

No no problem at all, the system is designed to be used with a chlorinated pool. Debris clogging the primary net filter or pump failure are the only problems i encountered.

3 Likes