Tricks of the trade

My next go to was peanut butter or actual butter. That’s what I used for sap as a kid…

1 Like

Here’s a gem that I use and love. Use poly water line for your vacuum applications that don’t require deep vacuum. My roto pump is 8’ away and I only use 6" of heavy wall silicone tubing. Just use a couple inches of hose to connect water line to hose barb and pump/regulator. Holds vac perfectly.

2 Likes

How about getting your hair stuck to a yellow sticky trap? Do NOT wash hair with 99% iso!
Lol

Didnt even think of trying mct or an oil.

4 Likes

:joy::joy::rofl: don t mean to but i have been there :joy::laughing:

2 Likes

I shared in detail so the ones who’ve done it could get a chuckle lol

3 Likes

Wjat happened to your hair with iso?

Burned my FN scalp!

Badly

Shampoo disnt work
Simple green didn’t work either

Are the ports in your lids threaded all the way through? I thought about doing something like this, but all my lids aren’t, so I ended up buying some teflon tubing slightly smaller than the port, wrapping the end in teflon tape and jamming it in, it works, but is pretty ghetto.

2 Likes

i spilled azulene all over my shoes once…called an uber home from the lab — uber driver was pissed he ran redlights :rofl::rofl:

12 Likes

Did he 1 star you

1 Like

This is REALLY funny :rofl::joy:

1 Like

i dont know if he did or not didnt check. the lab is in downtown la — he dropped me off in oc at around 3am — was a 25 min. ride. the whole way he was sniffing the air really hard. when he exited the freeway is when he started running the red lights — i felt so bad i was like fuck it.

5 Likes

For guys like me with smaller runs, I was using disposable refrigerant dryers instead of a mol sieve.

They’re good for about 6# of solvent before they need recharging. Definitely too small for anything bigger than a 1/2# system, but it’s a cheap little drier that works.

9 Likes

BVV has those a little cheaper @ $12

1 Like

Poor pups!

2 Likes

Here’s a neat trick I learned through public schooling (imagine that) . . .

If you find a study/publication/article with good information/data, check the reference list at the end as well…

20 Likes

with the new fangled electronic tools, you can find out who’s cited said “useful information” too…way easier than the old school paper lookup.

lets you explore the rabbit hole in both fore & aft :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Yeah, I can find em as cheap as 11.50, or I used to anyway. Plus bvv you gotta add shipping too.

I pieced myself a big boy drier recently though.

1 Like

if using a knockbox 100 get some chopsticks. Place them in the tubes after each hopper fill to pack the cones decently

6 Likes

Picture ?? Details make it understandable for a noob :joy::+1:

2 Likes