Tricks of the trade

No reflux setup? No problem. Fill your roto collection with the solvent you are refluxing in drop the condensor as low as you can and bam you’ve got a reactor to reflux in.

15 Likes

Siiiick Buchi @TheLastHashbender good tip!

3 Likes

Shouldnt you be heating the collection flask then?

4 Likes

you just want it to be full so that as the solvent condenses it just flows back into the evaporating flask rather than staying in the collection.

5 Likes

I’ve done this by accident so many times lol

7 Likes

In the garden.

When starting autoflowers or seedlings, make sure u have a skinny tall compostable container.
These hotdog bags work perfect, sprout ur autos indoors for the first 2 weeks then plant outdoors so the bugs dont demolish the sprouts. (Rolly pollies, centipedes, etc)
(im starting my autos indoors in the next day or two and planting in the ground march 1st. Harvesting june 1st. Planting full term june 2nd.)

$35 for 2000 at the resturant supply store

13 Likes

those look like the nursery bags i use, got some auto’s on the way to play with

2 Likes

Hot dog bags huh?!?

We used those as corn condoms. Slide them
over the ear before silks emerge so you can chose the pollen it sees.

Edit: Nope…

The all knowing one reports that shoot bags are their own critter, despite looking almost identical

Hot dog bags are a hair bigger and way cheaper.

5 Likes

Oh that tools makes much more sense, i use a saw saw without the blade in it :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Lol i think they are the same thing only difference is one has a label/logo on it. I was just joking on IG about putting a logo on them and selling them to grow stores.
1.75 cents each. Logo printing 0.25 cents ea.
Wholesale for $3 (for 100). Retail for $6 (for 100).
Sounds about right haha
These are just wax coated paper bags, seems like thr same thing as shoot bags maybe shoot bags have double coating of wax?

3 Likes

Put the blade back. Add a racquetball to the business end…:thinking:

1 Like

When you need to do a cannula transfer and you don’t have any of the correct equipment…

5 Likes

Luerlok style needle inside that tube?!?

1 Like

Yes it is!

Turns out the crimp top for a 6ml headspace vial fits the 1/2" OD hose that comes with chinese rotovaps perferctly

4 Likes

I haven’t seen this mentioned yet so I’ll throw this out there. I use these vibration isolation pads under my scale; the improvement in function is dramatic.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009M9627U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

11 Likes

you can improve this even further placing those isolation adapters to the underside of a granite surface block; and set your scale on top of it. you can take it even further by putting cork(i used drink coasters) underneath the rubber isolation adapters and itll make it even more “absorbing”

https://www.amazon.com/Granite-Surface-Plate-12-Grade/dp/B0035Y7OPC/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=granite+block&qid=1613433198&sr=8-1

10 Likes

Adding on, if you wanted to go that route you would need their bigger pads with a higher load rating:

https://www.amazon.com/Isolate-Sorbothane-Vibration-Isolation-Square/dp/B00IT63JUK

3 Likes

I thought this was cool.

7 Likes

Sure is @Mugatu nice repost!

4 Likes

Does anybody have any tricks for removing a filter ring and paper? Just getting into CRC, this step seems like it’s going to be quite the pain in the ass…