Tricks of the trade

Or this…

The bunjee solution…

12 Likes

lmfao

My ghetto rack I feel is pretty cool. $50 worth of perforated steel tube, tent pushed against the wall and tube bolted right to studs.

The holes in the tube hold clamps by the bolt like it was made for it and with a few nuts and bolts you have tool hangers and nut and washer holders all without doing any fabrication.

13 Likes

slick setup. I dont run often so Im just using a board.

Can I get a link for that tube? Exactly how I want to build my rack.

I guess I waited too long to edit my original post, but here it is again with the promised picture…

Here’s one. We generally (always) decarb in a stainless steel pot on a hot plate with overhead stirring. When I decarb and I want to keep my terps from evaporating I use a glass lid with the center knob removed, invert it and put the stirrer through the center hole. The terps noticeably drip back into the pot! Also, most of these same lids have a thermometer hole so I slide my digital thermometer down the hole, run a rubber band from the pot handle around the thermometer shaft to keep it off the bottom and away from the stir shaft.

And for smaller batches…

15 Likes

I would suggest replacing the rubber band with something less likely to melt. Copper wire would be my immediate response, but even bailing wire can be cleaned and sterilized prior to use (and they won’t potentially melt into your extract). The rubber band could also break and shoot itself right into the crude and sit there (at temp) for quite some time before being noticed.

Just because you haven’t had a problem yet doesn’t mean it can’t happen. Wire is cheap. If you figure in the increased reusability, even copper wire is probably cheaper than rubber bands.

3 Likes

Good point but it’s the tension of the rubber band that keeps it in place…
The handle doesn’t get hot and the crude is completely covered by the lid.

2 Likes

Am I missing something on how tension cannot be created using metal wire? Having spent years as a union rigger, I’ve used metal (wire, cable, line, etc) to impart and sustain tension on amazingly large loads.

You do you. Just wanted to put in my two cents and a possible alternative for those creating this for themselves in the future.

3 Likes

Bro i wasn’t blowing off the idea, I was just explaining why I chose a rubber band. I appreciate the input.

1 Like

My bad, if that’s how my comment was taken. Not my intention. My brain works funny, and I get stuck on stupid sometimes.

Your implementation of your idea is stellar (minus my one probably not necessary critique) and will help others set up their game. I appreciate you sharing.

6 Likes

Imagine if you could use a… hold on wait for it…

cue the @cyclopath

a piece of an inner tube!

5 Likes

He would have if it was his lab! Then I would have waited for him to turn around and changed it out to metal. Haha!

2 Likes

speaking of vibrators… CBD lube is a godsend to clean up distillate if you have nothing else around :wink:

Yes, cause you should totally apologize for picking out the 1 thing most likely to fail out of the whole picture!!!
And DOUBLE apologies for giving a way to solve the problem simply, and permanently…

2 Likes

Sorry. Hahaha

2 Likes

I’m just kidding! It’s a gift to be able to notice things like that, and be able to solve them simply. I’m glad you mentioned it, because it’s a better long term solution…

4 Likes

Not sure of a link I bought it at a local hardware store called “menards”. I took my pipe hanger in and just bought the diameter they had in stock that fit my hangers best.

Acetone is great for this, when required.

This thing works pretty well for cleaning gasket grooves. I think it’s an auto detailing tool.

22 Likes