Carts that don't sugar

Like everything in this biz, there doesn’t seem to be any particular formula that is 100% foolproof!
This is especially true with “live” carts where the terp profile changes from strain to strain. Terps obviously play a role in keeping the THCa in solution. It’s hit and miss… Full decarb is the only way to be sure. Lower temps and a covered vessel can keeps terps from unwanted degradation.

From Tricks of the Trade…

CdpIchem
Regular

Nov '20

I guess I waited too long to edit my original post, but here it is again with the promised picture…

Here’s one. We generally (always) decarb in a stainless steel pot on a hot plate with overhead stirring. When I decarb and I want to keep my terps from evaporating I use a glass lid with the center knob removed, invert it and put the stirrer through the center hole. The terps noticeably drip back into the pot! Also, most of these same lids have a thermometer hole so I slide my digital thermometer down the hole, run a rubber band from the pot handle around the thermometer shaft to keep it off the bottom and away from the stir shaft.

And for smaller batches…

3 Likes