Tricks of the trade

Awe shit! We were some dirt jumping fools back in the 90s.

I’m going to have to find one of my old school pics…if they still exist

2 Likes

That was probably 97-98’ in that picture. I will have to see if I can find any more.

Wait, 96-97’

1 Like

When doing any plumbing work, buy way more then you’ll use and then return what’s left afterwards. Making several trips to the hardware store in a day can be a bitch.

Oh and always buy fresh glue if you have any doubt to the quality or volume of what you’ve got in stock.

4 Likes

I watched a documentary ona guy you might know. Sad story … Was awesome on a BMX, rode his mates skateboard, had an accident and ended up with brain damage.

-Jimmy LeVan-
www.redbull.com/int-en/trailer-videos/go-fast-pull-up-trailer
There are also some cool other documentaries you can watch for free. @Demontrich ( you might like this also )

2 Likes

90’s
Lol

More like mid 80’s for me.
Diamond back super viper!

3 Likes

I loved my Diamondback Bikes. Rode them for nearly a decade (which also happened to be the 90s. Haha)

Also, @Demontrich, you posted this in another thread, but it belongs here, too.

6 Likes

I used to race bmx when I was a kid too. My dad sacrificed everything he had so we could race from state to state. Used to go out to Tulsa and race the grand nationals. Won that when I was little baby😂

4 Likes

We went out to Tulsa and raced a few other times there, but over time we just phased out of it. Just like everything else. Good times!

1 Like

I almost went to the grands one year after I won the gold cup. Couple weeks before registration I was out at some trails on the rez and I cracked my head tube under gusset. So, I wasn’t able to get my frame back in time to make it.

I kept trying to figure out a good way to store these 25kg b80 paper bags. Turns out the 10 gal drink coolers hold a 25kg bag of b80 like a glove. The tight Fitting lid keeps dust down and moisture out.

12 Likes

Got that big bidnez, top shelf, temp monitoring system for my recovery side. Measure water out of the system and in the accumulator. The pump doesnt like to get too hot.

7 Likes

I’ve been using 2 ton chiller and a old 50 gallon water heater to cool 12k in a sealed room. Works great and cost per gram is way lower than traditional ac

9 Likes

Explain that set up again, please.

4 Likes

Nice ! It’s a shame more people dont use water cooling

2 Likes

What? 2 tons to cool 12k?? Yes, pls explain @Onceovertwice very cool…

3 Likes

I wanna see pics

1 Like

Its all down to if you have a water source as a heat exchange. Like a swimming pool / lake / river.

4 Likes

Maybe they have the water heater as the resivoir and the chiller is cycling water through it?

Only thing I can think of.

3 Likes

@Izambard_K_Brunel can u link some more info pls??

1 Like

I’m assuming this is what he’s referring to? The theory anyway.

5 Likes