1 Like

So You drink coca cola
You smoke Marlboro s
You ate a chicken a la king
Youu probably have a misses around that likes things clean
Yust be carefull with the smoking and cls
We are very alike Could have been My bin

7 Likes

I’ve taken that cryo ethanol and hit it with a torch. I was unable to cause a flame until it was over the flash point.

6 Likes

I was concerned about ignition sources running the panda. We ran a few experiments safely attempting to ignite small amounts of super cold 200 EtOH. As far as I can tell its not easy to do until it reaches warmer temps.

4 Likes

:joy::joy:

I have threatened just such behavior to prove that point…but folks see me with a torch and they scatter…and imo that demonstration needs witnessed :innocent:

:crossed_fingers:

:brain:/:fire:

:shushing_face:

I was actually taken by surprise when this vented brake rotor made it impossible to light the cauldron of parafin (left over from embedding tissue samples) in a cold desert wind…

7 Likes

Stop cutting parchment paper. You have no idea how easy life is with these

https://www.amazon.com/Worthy-Liners-Parchment-Paper-Sheets/dp/B00O6LEKIC

22 Likes

Good price!!!

1 Like

I pinch the corners with a paper clip and setting up for a pour has never been easier. All perfect sized and everything

6 Likes

:roll_eyes::open_mouth:

Know when to hold them and know when to fold them… in my lab you got to know when to walk away and know when to run…

14 Likes

Shortpath insulation

4 Likes

That parch sticks. At least the 4x4 ones do. They don’t seem like they have silicone on them

I get them to flip fine and don’t get much sticking. Really tacky ones will, but that’s normal

You definitely don’t want them to have silicone on them.

2 Likes

What do you think parchment paper is? It’s paper with a very fine layer of silicone. Google will answer all your questions

Parchment paper
Modern parchment paper is made by running sheets of paper pulp through a bath of sulfuric acid[1] (a method similar to how tracing paper is made) or sometimes zinc chloride. This process partially dissolves or gelatinizes the paper. This treatment forms a sulfurized cross-linked material with high density, stability, and heat resistance, and low surface energy—thereby imparting good non-stick or release properties. The treated paper has an appearance similar to that of traditional parchment, and because of its stability is sometimes used for legal purposes where traditional parchment was used.

Bakery release paper
The stickless properties can be also achieved by employing a coated paper, for which a suitable release agent—a coating with a low surface energy and capability to withstand the temperatures involved in the baking or roasting process—is deposited onto the paper’s surface; silicone (cured with a suitable catalyst) is frequently used.

Silicone coated parchment paper is in the do not use category due to the silicone’s solubility in butane during purging which means silicone in your dabs.

7 Likes

I’m telling you it’s treated with silicone. If it’s not it’s not parchment paper. :man_shrugging:

Apparently why I quit using parchment paper and went to PTFE paper…my mind must have new that’s why it was ABSORBING my terps!

4 Likes