Tricks of the trade

I’m not laughing in asking how good does it work…so the rotten egg smell is gone?

But are u running a propane rated rigs,? Could be highly dangerous if not I’m sure you are

I hate straight propane runs you really gotta leave some solvent if u wanna pour and it not mushroom up

1 Like

I don’t do this all the time, I’ve only ever had to do it once when CA banned sales.

Rotten egg is totally gone. Thats the point. Single pass removes the mercaptans.

I always add a bit of heptane to the pot to counteract this.

2 Likes

Very badass I’ve heard em talking about it on here but I still have access to all the gas I want in completely illegal state

So propane heptane ho

3 Likes

Yeah I actually got the idea from one of the old threads on here.

4 Likes

Does the heptane not grab fats or do u have it in the collection pot waiting so it never runs over oil…bc u don’t recover any the heptane most likely

1 Like

This thread here

The heptane sits in the collection pot away from everything. It’s only purpose is to add some extra liquid to the extract so that it doesn’t muffin too bad while the propane is evaporating off. It’s only important towards the end of the propane evaporating off.

4 Likes

How do u then get the heptane off without running ur terps…s butane mixture would make that much easier

1 Like

The extract gets treated as mother liquor.

Ahh sonur growing in heptane…would pentane not work better and preserve the extract better…of course butane bein the best option

I’m gonna try something new this week…a.non crc run then reload w CRC same trim get the color really light and hopefully btw the 2 the color comes out good but keeping a more distinct flavors from original terps

1 Like

Pentane just more dangerous, I was able to get it done for my boss with what he had on hand so I didn’t think it was necessary for my boss to get pentsne instead.

4 Likes

Just wondering bc heptane BO is so high even when just purging the terps seem like it take a lot heat or some big fans

1 Like

Once you’ve grown diamonds out of your mother liquor it becomes significantly less viscous.

It’s not so hard to remove heptane when the viscosity is greatly lowered. Obviously pentane would be better because the lower boiling point, but both will work. You can remove both without raping your extract of terpenes.

Got these gloves for handling columns that have been chilling on dry ice and are then being racked. I wear these when dealing with injection lines that have -70 solvent running through them.

I got tired of having cold burns on my hands. I used some regular work gloves, but once they get a little damp and you go grab another column out of the freezer, the gloves freeze to your hand. These gloves do the trick, and I’ll be buying more.

PPE up. It’s a good idea…

21 Likes

I love those, i hate wearing gloves but those are about as close to not wearing them and still getting the benefits

6 Likes

you are correct sir

[My favorite shop tool](Mityvac Fluid Evacuator Plus (8.8L) (MTY-7201) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007QV0966/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_Z4E4GCP0ARVVQK5YT2MP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1)

2 Likes

Whatcha use it for?

most people use electric vac pumps that thing looks like it has a bicycle pump mechanism?

hopefully he uses it for brake jobs/

1 Like