Trade me SOPs I would like D8 to CBN

I am looking for a method to convert my Delta 8 oil 95% purity into CBN. I was using sulfur and toluene. My results have been…mixed. If anyone is willing to share a proper SOP for me while I might be a bit short on money I do have some great SOPs that I could trade including conversion of cbd to d9 with aluminum chloride (getting 98% here) HHC with high R numbers that will crystallize and THCP synthesis from scratch. I know it’s a long shot. Just figured I would try.

Thanks for reading!

Hmm
Have you tried pd/c at 320 C argon blanket
Oxigen sparge ?
Not so long someone recomended oxone on
Non polar ( heptane or tolueen )
Iodine sucks so don t waste your time sulfer does work but stinks
@eyeworm s got some patents on it

Hhc that crystelizes ? Huh I got 80% R and did not do that hmmm

Alcl3 at 98% is very good but can you scale it to 8 kg batches ?

1 Like

I looked at pd/c as it’s in our lab already but 320C kind of like is freaking me out a little bit. I’m leaning heavily on trying sulfur but was considering toluene is a bit tough to get here and thought maybe heptane is a suitable replacement if bringing the temperature down as well obviously…?

1 Like

@JedClampet help this lady out will you
I have stopped running cbn 3 years a go
Would need to search the vault for the how to

1 Like

Time to register at chem company s not that hard TCI is easy as are some web stores in NL and Poland for reagents
Or send me a dm

Thank you Roguelab you are always very nice to me.

1 Like

I have a weakness for females :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Darnit I miss @davidb rip hé would have made it easy for ya

1 Like

https://future4200.com/uploads/short-url/w5uMYyVKruevyWOfwGKZzFFTDJ8.docx

https://future4200.com/uploads/short-url/afgWrhJMM28Wb4M1YBfg4OhRapf.pdf

1 Like

300 c will work for pd/c for d8>cbn you only really need to do it for about 30 minutes

Make sure you sparge with nitrogen or argon, when you do it i recommend using a sparging tube with frit and get it into the crude to help the inert gas push the h2 from the pd or youll be making some hhc

Make sure to filter your crude down below 1 micron before distilling carbon loves to get through filters and will cause your crude to has weird side reactions if left in during distillation

2 Likes

O and use 10% pd/ c matrix 5% doesn t cut it

Our patent is for selective conversion of d9 to CBN using quinones…which is valuable for remediating things of d9, but quinones aren’t a great route for mass production of CBN.

But, I do have a very good CBD>CBN method that also works with d8THC or d9THC starting materials - I just prefer starting from CBD isolate because its purer than any THC distillate.

If OP wants to shoot me a message I’m down to chat. We develop chemical technologies and tend to be kind of skeptical about trading our technology for someone else’s - nonetheless, I’m not uninterested in a THCP synthesis. It just would have to be viable at scale.

As an aside, I have never heard of HHC that crystallizes. That would be news to me, but I’ve also never done the chromatography work to purity either isomer so I guess stranger things have happened.

1 Like

WOW you guys are amazing. Thank you so much. Looks like two pathways. Might as well try them both :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

A picture off crystelizing Hhc would be welcome
I have been putting so much time in Hhc-a for the sole reason that it s a crystal

2 Likes

Sounds like youre using chloranil

Like you said though it only works on d9

@mitokid and me talked about this and how you can regenerate the catalyst

Woah any analytics on the crystal itself
Is there a separation happening of the r and s?

Darn Rainey nikkel I hate that stuff
But I know you like it and with results like this I am contemplating

1 Like

Check out his paper no cloranil

chloranil is the very very tip of the iceberg. The patent is on here, give it a look. Quinone chemistry is very diverse, its not all DDQ and chloranil.

2 Likes

Another thingy since you can get thcD9 in high numbers I would start there there something with starting with 9 always works better and faster than starting with 8
On Hhc as well as cbn
@eyeworm why is that ? Have you noticed this?

1 Like